Black?? The preferred color of the moment??

*jennifer* said:
balenciaga bags are awesome in color but they are so rock-and-roll cool in black!!! :supacool: this is indisputable, imho!
i want a black box now.

My thoughts exactly!! I have a black 05 first and a 06 city and they are both gorgeous!!:heart: :heart:
Black is my favorite colour for Bbags

I'm not saying that I'm a slave to the fashion magazines, but if you look in Vogue, Bazaar, etc., at what is really "in" now, it's black (and brown too) for handbags, particularly going forward to fall.

Don't hate me for saying this, but it seems that bright pink, neon green, etc. handbags just aren't as fashionable as they were a couple of years ago. They may still be popular with the masses. I've actually gotten rid of some of my brightly colored bags recently in favor of neutrals and darker jewel tones. But I'm 39--not 22!

To each her own. Just my opinion. :oh:

I think the Bbags work so well in black -- it goes with the motorcycle influence. I have a black Twiggy, a City, and a black early classique (the kind with the zippers), and love them all.

I love my 05 black city! I tried the 06 black city and work bags yesterday. The F06 leather is a bit different than the F05 leather. The 06 leather is slightly thicker, softer than 05 bags. However, in black...I actually prefer the texture of my 05 bag and was relieved that an 06 city would really be a duplicate, not a compliment to my (once again) growing b-bag family. So, I would say no need to stress about receipt of a F05 or F06 black b-bag. The black bags seem to be consistently fabulous!

Jill D.C. said:
I'm not saying that I'm a slave to the fashion magazines, but if you look in Vogue, Bazaar, etc., at what is really "in" now, it's black (and brown too) for handbags, particularly going forward to fall.

Don't hate me for saying this, but it seems that bright pink, neon green, etc. handbags just aren't as fashionable as they were a couple of years ago. They may still be popular with the masses. I've actually gotten rid of some of my brightly colored bags recently in favor of neutrals and darker jewel tones. But I'm 39--not 22!

To each her own. Just my opinion. :oh:

I am in my (mid) 30s as well but the brightest I have ever gone with my bags is '05 turq (and that is a mini-twiggy so it is for evenings). I tend to go with neutrals, black, dark reds/bordeaux and blues. Sometimes I wish I could pull off the other colors just to add a little pizzazz to my black shirt/jeans "uniform" but it is just not me.

chigirl said:
I am in my (mid) 30s as well but the brightest I have ever gone with my bags is '05 turq (and that is a mini-twiggy so it is for evenings). I tend to go with neutrals, black, dark reds/bordeaux and blues. Sometimes I wish I could pull off the other colors just to add a little pizzazz to my black shirt/jeans "uniform" but it is just not me.

Also in my 30s and tend toward the darker and neutral b-bags. My rouge twiggy is a bit of an exception...and that blueberry weekender...hmmm...still unsure if I can "do" it...

SoCal said:
Also in my 30s and tend toward the darker and neutral b-bags. My rouge twiggy is a bit of an exception...and that blueberry weekender...hmmm...still unsure if I can "do" it...

I think blues fall into that category. I have a teal first and '05 turq (as I mentioned) -- both for evenings. But I just bought an indigo MJ bag for work. I am an attorney and have always worked at big, very corporate firms and feel like blue is ok.

*jennifer* said:
balenciaga bags are awesome in color but they are so rock-and-roll cool in black!!! :supacool: this is indisputable, imho!
i want a black box now.

EXACTLY!!! I've never wanted a Black B-bag...but dang it, now yall got me thinking about it...:girlsigh:

^ Actually funny. I do like the blues and am always "trying"...the blueberry weekender is the largest and most shiny blue I have tried...

I have to say, I was wearing black and navy the day I purchased the blueberry and it looked fabulous then...not so sure it works with my "other" neutrals... : )

SoCal said:
^ Actually funny. I do like the blues and am always "trying"...the blueberry weekender is the largest and most shiny blue I have tried...

I have to say, I was wearing black and navy the day I purchased the blueberry and it looked fabulous then...not so sure it works with my "other" neutrals... : )

I haven't gotten my MJ yet so we will see what I end up matching it with. I just love the color so will try and make it work. I will let you know what I think. It should be here tomorrow.

here's the thing gals, everytime someone falls in :heart: with a b-bag color (whether it's new or old), many of us fall on the bandwagon :P...but that doesn't mean that everyone should pile on & kick their other colored b-bags to the curb, ya know :shrugs:...guess i'm just feeling sad for all the bags out there that have question marks over their head now :crybaby:...don't get a bag just because you think it's what everyone else wants (or sell a bag because it's not today's hot topic), get it & keep it because you love it :tender: