Black shoes and a black dress??? Boring or classy??

Luva Pug

In a H dream...
O.G.
Dec 26, 2006
So I have just brought a LBD for my christmas university ball, it's gorgeous:P!

So now onto shoes, I have heard you should always spice up a black dress with different coloured shoes, 2 of my friends agree, 1 doesn't!
I thought silver would look lovely!!

So, I figured what's your view on the black dress and black shoes problem?:rolleyes:

I think it depends on what you're comfortable with.. a black dress for me would be like a nice blank canvas for me to add a pop of color to.. but i love that sort of thing.. a little edgy, exciting!!!

Black on black is more classy, sophisticated.. put together.. i think a silver shoe would have the same effect also.. I would probably decide by which shoe i want to wear more.. or the sort of effect your going for..

Definitely classy and not boring, unless your dress and shoes are frumpy, in which case it will be a funeral uniform! But, I doubt you would wear an ugly dress or shoes :P. I think it really depends on how you want to add pop to your outfit, with the shoes or accessories. Personally I think black on black with colorful accessories (earrings, necklace, handbag) is a great way to add some tasteful edge! But, if you want to be conservative with your accessories, you can always wear colored shoes!

Black shoes + black dress is always in style IMO. You could do silver or really any other color you want. I usually wear black shoes with a black dress... I just love black!!! :shame:

Black shoes and a black dress is so classy and sexy :tup:
I love the look! It really depends on the cut of the dress and type of shoe however..if the dress is really simple I wear red CL's or silver Choos. You don't want to overdo the simple, classy look but you don't want it to look boring, so add a POP of color with silver, red, etc. :biggrin: