Black Satin Cabas????

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
anyone seen it IRL?Im possibly going to buy it sight unseen..NOT sure if its too much for me.Im afraid it may be too big...especially in black satin...
Calling all PFers who have it or have seen it IRL!!!LOL!
LMK! I need your opinion asap!HEHE!!!
Thanks a bunch!

U know whats weird....?I called short Hills Chanel,THOSE buggers told me it was SOLD OUT!
Then another SA calls me today and has one for me.at a different Chanel store.....WTH?????
me thinks SHort Hills SA's ARE CLUELESS!!!!!

I saw a picture in that Paris thread. It looks gorgeous! The only thing that bothers me about the new style of cabas (melrose style I guess?) is that the hardware feels really cheap. The big CC is plastic and even the chain that it is attached to is very very light and feels kind of cheap compared to the one on my cabas and luxe ligne tote. It's so gorgeous though! I've only seen the blue melrose IRL, not yet the black satin as it hasn't come in yet.

I saw the satin cabas at the chanel boutique on 57th in nyc. The bag is very pretty, but too large in my opinion for a satin bag. Also as someone posted earlier the hardware is plastic, which kinda turned me off. The fabric is really smooth though.

Yep, the CC's are plastic. Even the metal "looking" chain links that attach the big CC to the bag are super light weight, which is good if you like light things, but makes me wonder about the durability.

I guess since satin in itself is lightweight they wanted to make the hardware light to match? It just felt cheap IMHO. Not something that I would personally pay $1,595 for. Hope that doesn't offend anyone!