Black Reissue 227 or White Jumbo SH or Beige Jumbo GH

alyson.noele

Jul 22, 2009
California
I need help choosing my 2nd chanel bag (well technically 1st, cause it was a hand-me-down from my mom :biggrin:)

1. Distressed Black Leather Reissue 227
2. White Jumbo Flap w/ SH (still haven't decided between caviar or lambskin :confused1:)
3. Beige Jumbo Lambskin Flap w/ GH

I already own a Black Vintage XL Jumbo Flap w/ GH (the one my mom gave me/lets me borrow :P)

Any input would be great!

ChenChen

O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
#1 or #2 - #1 because it's such a classic, and #2 because white jumbos are so striking (and perfect for summer)!

alyson.noele

Jul 22, 2009
California
#1 or #2 - #1 because it's such a classic, and #2 because white jumbos are so striking (and perfect for summer)!
The only thing I'm worried about is that summer is almost over, and I since I've been adjusting my wardrobe for fall would Beige be a more suitable color?

UGH I'M MAKING THIS HARDER ON MYSELF :yucky:

nscwong

O.G.
Apr 6, 2009
Hong Kong
I choose no. 1 or 2 caviar depending on what is your 1st. For light colour bags, they can get dirty. It's easier to clean if it's a caviar. I stay away from light colour lambskin bags.

pond23

Stephanie
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
socal
I would choose the black reissue 227 because it is such an iconic piece and it is practical and easy to maintain.

eviliss

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
Singapore
3. Beige Jumbo Lambskin Flap w/ GH

since u already have a black to borrow from mum and the white will rather difficult to maintain since this is gonna be official your 1st i presume u'll be using it quite often.

alyson.noele

Jul 22, 2009
California
I think as of right now I'm leaning toward either the White Jumbo Flap in Caviar w/ SH or the Beige ... I'm less inclined to get the Black Reissue only because I only already own a Black Chanel and I want to try and diversify.

The other thing is if I do go beige, I really want to get light beige, and I'm not too sure about the availability of that style :wacko:

hfy

O.G.
Aug 3, 2009
I choose 3. Beige Jumbo Lambskin Flap w/ GH.
Beige with GH is beautiful. Black reissue is very nice but you already have a black one. White is hard to maintain.

cookie888

Apr 18, 2009
Surrey, UK
#1 because you can't go wrong with black but as you already have a vintage XL (lucky you got it free from your mum) go for #3

#2 will just get ruined as there's the risk of colour transfer

Have you seen the metallic grey jumbo? :love:

ChenChen

O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
The only thing I'm worried about is that summer is almost over, and I since I've been adjusting my wardrobe for fall would Beige be a more suitable color?

UGH I'M MAKING THIS HARDER ON MYSELF :yucky:
LOL I pretty much live where the four seasons are virtually indistinguishable so I can carry light colored bags year-round. :P I do think that white works during winter too, but if it's a concern for you, beige is probably better! Also, I agree that if you're getting a lighter color, I'd personally buy caviar (I'm super accident prone and find that caviar is MUCH easier to maintain)!