Black PS1 or PS1 Tobacco Suede?

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
Hi ladies. I need your opinion yet again. Yesterday, the dilemma was between a PS1 medium in black or another black Bal (RGGH work). I have finally decided to go for the black PS1 but Harvey Nicks didn't have it. However, a PS1 medium in tobacco suede caught my eye.

Should I wait for the PS1 medium in black to become available or take the plunge on the tobacco suede? :confused1:

Which one would you go for? Thanks in advance.

I think it's a reason both the black and tobacco PS1:s has been permanent colors through the years - they are both great and never go out of style :smile:

I'd like a tobacco suede for myself, the PS1 looks great in suede. My black leather PS1 is really durable though and I've carried it as a rainy day bag a lot, water just rolls off.

But I'm sure it would be no problems with the tobacco suede either, just carry an umbrella in case.

I had a similar problem between the black and the saddle but opted to wait for black.. currently waiting on a large black PS1 as I type can't wait for it to arrive!!! Need to post pics of which ever one you end up with :smile:

For a couple of reasons. I just think the black leather is a classic I won't ever tire of. I usually always go for a tan colour with my bags but I must say I do notice wear and tear with this colour.. watermarking is also a concern. So spending this much on a bag I don't want to be scared to use it so for me black seemed less likely to be affected in this way. I quite like the dark hard wear as well. If anything the one thing I was concerned about is size.. I was torn between Large and XL because I'm rather tall but I opted for Large if it's not big enough theres always the option of an exchange :smile: which one are you swaying towards? The suede is beautiful I just know I'd wreck it!

Thanks for that rated.h. I really love the black PS1. I feel that it will complete my set to be sort of PS1 content (I also have military and burgundy). The only problem is that it's not available in the only two London shops that stock PS bags and they have no idea when it's going to be available :nogood:
For a couple of reasons. I just think the black leather is a classic I won't ever tire of. I usually always go for a tan colour with my bags but I must say I do notice wear and tear with this colour.. watermarking is also a concern. So spending this much on a bag I don't want to be scared to use it so for me black seemed less likely to be affected in this way. I quite like the dark hard wear as well. If anything the one thing I was concerned about is size.. I was torn between Large and XL because I'm rather tall but I opted for Large if it's not big enough theres always the option of an exchange :smile: which one are you swaying towards? The suede is beautiful I just know I'd wreck it!

Thanks for that rated.h. I really love the black PS1. I feel that it will complete my set to be sort of PS1 content (I also have military and burgundy). The only problem is that it's not available in the only two London shops that stock PS bags and they have no idea when it's going to be available :nogood:

Hi A88ey_ann, have a look at my post in the London thread - there are more places that stock PS in London.

Net-a-Porter has the black medium PS1 ;)

I have both the black leather and the tobacco suede ;) I love both but if I could only have one then it would be the black as it is most durable. The suede does look amazing on the PS1 though....too hard to decide, that's why I got both :graucho:

Thanks debi.n. i thought they were only available @ harvey nicks and liberty. QUOTE=debi.n;20678798]Hi A88ey_ann, have a look at my post in the London thread - there are more places that stock PS in London.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Balchlfen. I try and avoid buying unseen as I am quite OCD with the leather type, and with the hardware issues with PS bags, I would prefer to inspect the bag first. I might give it a week or two with the shops and then try NAP :smile:

QUOTE=Balchlfen;20679696]Net-a-Porter has the black medium PS1 ;)

I have both the black leather and the tobacco suede ;) I love both but if I could only have one then it would be the black as it is most durable. The suede does look amazing on the PS1 though....too hard to decide, that's why I got both :graucho:[/QUOTE]

I have the Tobacco Suede PS1 and it's sooo amazing! Looks great with everything and it's a real eye catcher. I couldn't be happier with it. I have a black Keep All and I think I've said this before about Proenza black leather. I just don't feel the color is as dark as it should be. Sometimes I think all the black Proenza bags look like a dark grey.

Thanks StarBrite. It was actually your posts that caused my "drool over tobacco suede" bug :P. As for the black PS1, I saw one with the yummiest leather, jet black, gunmetal hardware, at Liberty before, but passed on it as I was after the military one then! Now they're sold out. :graucho:

I have the Tobacco Suede PS1 and it's sooo amazing! Looks great with everything and it's a real eye catcher. I couldn't be happier with it. I have a black Keep All and I think I've said this before about Proenza black leather. I just don't feel the color is as dark as it should be. Sometimes I think all the black Proenza bags look like a dark grey.

Hi debi.n. Any idea about the prices for PS1 @ Joseph? I have found that London shops' pricing vary from shop to shop with Liberty being the most expensive. TIA.

Hmmm sorry I didn't look. They all used to be a standard £1255 but you're right, in the last few months the prices have started to vary a little.