Black polished goatskin bayswater

I think that every season has its own special Bayswater on .com. This season it is glossy buffalo, spongy patent and haircalf I think. The regulars are NVT, and are always available. So when stock is gone - ebay is the only option. And I think getting polished goatskin can be a bit difficult - but not impossible... nothing is :smile:

The black goatskin Bays that was on .com is very different to the ones that turn up at the outlets.

I believe the outlet Bays version do not have feet or cloche, and are not lined and the leather is not as polished and supple. There was a thread on here awhile back comparing the two different versions.

I LOVE my goatskin Bays! I found mine on the US ebay site and feel that it is worth every single penny! Good luck with your search. :smile:

The outlet ones are quite different to the regular ones on US .com site though. Here are some photos of mine (with cloche and feet) and my friend's, purchased from the outlet so no cloche or feet.

Edit: crossed post with littlestar! You're quite right!

Attachments

• GoatskinBays2.jpg
    GoatskinBays2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 231
  • jess bays 1.jpg
    jess bays 1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 213
  • jess bays 2.jpg
    jess bays 2.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 224
  • GoatskinBays5.jpg
    GoatskinBays5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 196
  • jess bays 6.jpg
    jess bays 6.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 194
You might be lucky with an outlet. My polished goatskin bays was from Shepton Mallet about a year and a half ago and it is lined (although not in suede), has feet and the cloche and key. Good luck hunting, it is a fab bag and a great workhorse!

I decided I wanted a black goatskin bays after seeing them on the US .com site and emailed customer services to ask about purchasing one. They were very very helpful.

This is the reply I got back from Iva Carruthers

Dear Catherine,

I am so sorry to disappoint you but these are exclusive to US market and are not available for purchase in the UK or the rest of the world.
I spoke to our internet team and they’re happy to place an order for you manually – if you’d like to proceed with this please give us a call on 01761 234230.

Kind regards,
Iva

Hope this helps