Black phantom croc owners? Need advice..

BDgirl

May 12, 2010
Any black phantom croc embossed owners out there? I need your advice. My phantom starts having these little cracks and im wondering if this is my fault for not applying leather protection products right away after i bought it. I mean are these supposed to be normal wear and tear? The leather was much smoother before and doesnt seem as dry. I dont baby her but i dont abuse her either with heavy loads or rain etc. Any thoughts on this?
I really love it and im worried it will start cracking and peeling... TIA!

Attachments

• croc1small.jpg
    croc1small.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 700
  • croc2small.jpg
    croc2small.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 735
I don't think a relatively new bag would need any conditioner, the aging of the leather should take several years to show. I think it's more how the leather was finished with the croc stamp, and it's probably just on the surface.

Any black phantom croc embossed owners out there? I need your advice. My phantom starts having these little cracks and im wondering if this is my fault for not applying leather protection products right away after i bought it. I mean are these supposed to be normal wear and tear? The leather was much smoother before and doesnt seem as dry. I dont baby her but i dont abuse her either with heavy loads or rain etc. Any thoughts on this?
I really love it and im worried it will start cracking and peeling... TIA!

Just to be on a safe side. Bag was bought at the store and not ebay?
If on ebay, was it authenticated?
I think you applied either too much or too soon.:smile:

Last edited:
I've seen my acquaintance's trapeze croc looking like this too. It has fine lines after awhile so I think you shouldn't worry too much abt it. But perhaps as a prevention you could use a leather conditioner or something fix it?

I've seen my acquaintance's trapeze croc looking like this too. It has fine lines after awhile so I think you shouldn't worry too much abt it. But perhaps as a prevention you could use a leather conditioner or something fix it?

Agree with this advice.

Good luck.

here are the pics of my bag. bought in May 2012. so far i really didn't notice the drying or the wrinkly look.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 9.11.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 9.11.32 PM.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 487
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 9.12.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 9.12.50 PM.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 462
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 9.11.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 9.11.47 PM.png
    527.1 KB · Views: 473
here are the pics of my bag. bought in May 2012. so far i really didn't notice the drying or the wrinkly look.

Thank you baileylab for the photos. I think I can vaguely see a bit of creases on your phantom. I think they cant be avoided. I've conditioned it a bit and i hope it wont get worse. ;)

Thank you All for your inputs.

Thank you baileylab for the photos. I think I can vaguely see a bit of creases on your phantom. I think they cant be avoided. I've conditioned it a bit and i hope it wont get worse. ;)

Thank you All for your inputs.

To be honest with you I do not see any problems with our Phantom. It looks as any other croc Phantom in black and I have the same bag. Stop worry and enjoy your gorgeous bag. This bag will last you forever. I have another Phantom in Praline and I am very careful with this one due to softer leather and light color. My black croc I use every day now.

Hi there! Sorry for the late post...

Agree w/ ^marina, the imperfections that you see are just part of the croc effect. Its simply the way the leather reacted to the stamping process, imo. Just as embossing on paper where the pattern appears wrinkled along the edges due to the pressing process. I know paper & leather are 2 very diff materials to compare, but they share the same concept. I think :amuse:... No worries and enjoy her!