Black Pen Mark on New Bambu?!

waverine

Mar 16, 2009
Oh dear, my friend just received her BAMBU BN1789 and found a 1cm long black pen mark on it... also on another corner seems to have a small leather chip off.....

Am wondering did JOanna check and send the package out or did somebody else help her to.....
The last time i ordered from her, she told me she will do a thorough check and mine turn out fine..

The order was shipped on 4th August. Was Joaana on leave that day??

Feel so bad for my gal friend as I recommended her to get it!
oh dear oh dear!

:sos:

told her to email joanna with the pics and ask her process for replacement.... she was so disappointed...

from what I know they do not have any more bambu in stock till end Sep:s

wished mine was bambu so I can change it with her..

I posted a note in the chat thread about the new gaufre's arrival. I'm shocked about the pen mark. I know that in most stores, the SA's don't pack and send off the merchandise, they have people in the back.

Let us know what she finds out.

I know that the store was down to 2 BN1789s in Bambu Joanna said one was on display. Since they are now sold out I would guess your friend got the display one, no excuse none the less

Joanna responded and advised that item was checked but they must have missed it or was damaged while packing. Gave two options... either refund a small discount and keep the bag or return it to get a store credit and wait for the new replacement which will arrive late Sep. Return Shipping charge will be refunded and the replacement shipping will be waived.

Obviously we will choose option 2...

:rolleyes:

yeah... in fact I am disappointed for her too :P
we were suppose to do bag swops.....

anyway I will be handling the return and replacement for her so that she dun feel worse...

how did u clean it up RYRY? were they pen marks as well?

my hubby has advised me... to use mink oil to clean my leather bags and also keep leather new and shiny.... is this true?
not that i dun trust him... but he uses the mink oil on his shoes not expensive Prada bags!

No...do not use mink oil. I think I just used some leather cleaner for bags, BUT, if Joanna can get you a new bag, that would be great. I would tell your friend to make sure Joanna pays for shipping back to Hawaii because it is quite expensive. Also, I was irritated when it happened to me because it was as if they were shocked and really IMHO did not take accountability..which I thought was odd (Like I would take a pen and mark on my brand new white bag)....WTF?? I just did not want to deal with going back and forth so I just cleaned it. I was never offered a discount...so if she does decide to clean it, get the discount. Sorry it happened to you too...that is odd, and hopefully they will realize that someone actually did do this to the bag when packing. The other thing was that my pen mark was actually blue, and Joanna said there was no blue pens allowed in the store, so it could not have happened there....but again, I took my bag right out of the box, and there were MAJOR pen mark stains on all four bottom parts of the handle....it was really odd. Any way, I love my bag, so no worries now, but I remember how ticked off I was at first....for a $1650 bag....not a cool thing.