Black Patent Rive Gauche Tote

angeliho

Aug 18, 2008
I just received this bag. At first glance, it looks very nice. However the more I look at it, the more I feel it has a 'cheap' image. May be because of the patent leather feels so like plastic???

Any input?

Attachments

• BGV0411_an.jpg
    BGV0411_an.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 111
I see what you mean, maybe it is the croc stamp that is throwing it off for you? I have often thought that about some of the stamped patents. I like it, but I would say if it is bothering you, trade it in for smooth patent might help? Or nonpatent leather?

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do. Either way it will look great!!

OM Goodness! :nuts: I have that bag! You have it with you? The quality is superb! In no way does it look cheap! This is now my favorite black bag!

I can go on and on but if it doesn't suit you, then it wasn't meant to be ... :shrugs:

So Angeliho, what did you decide? I thing the RG is one of their richest looking bags, so I would like it made of aluminum foil!

Either way, I hope you have a bag that makes you happy!

I tend to agree. I ordered this bag from NM but ended up returning it b/c I think the plain leather has a much nicer look and feel to it. It's all personal preference though! Carry it around the house and if you're not in love, find something you will love!

OM Goodness! :nuts: I have that bag! You have it with you? The quality is superb! In no way does it look cheap! This is now my favorite black bag!

I can go on and on but if it doesn't suit you, then it wasn't meant to be ... :shrugs:

totally agree with girly.

i have TWO of them, one in black and one in cream...love love love the patent, the look, everything! it's a great and classic bag, and imho, the patent embossed croc brings out the simplicity of the style more. did you buy it off of ebay? i was watching that listing and it sold for a good deal!

This is nice. This bag is made of lambskin with a patent coating outside. That's why the leather is so soft that it's like plastic. The patent calfskin will be heavier with a more textured look. Anyway, I love this leather, especially it comes with a croco - look which is a must for all seasons.

I have a tote bag in patent black with croco print (the same leather as yours). It is durable, fashionable, not easily subject to wear and tear, resistant to water (e.g. in rainy days). I can summarise it in a word - GREAT!

I have the Tribute bag in a fushia patent, and I thought at first that it appeared inexpensive looking, but the more the leather breaks in, the better it looks.

I have this bag in the black regular leather, and I don't think you could go wrong choosing this...regardless of color or material. It is the most perfect black bag I've ever owned. I think it is fab in the patent, honestly!

Oh, I don't think there is an age bracket - you should take into account your style! I fell in love with the rive gauche after seeing it in the celebrity photos thread! If you are still thinking about it, then you should return it and find something that you love and makes you feel happy. Good luck!