Black patent leather. Please let me know how you like it?

beaver232

Jun 24, 2011
Hampshire
I’m seriously considering a black patent, so black mini.
Please can you share your experience of the chanel black patent leather? Thank you very much.

pinkorchid20

Jul 14, 2017
No issues at all, black patent held up better for me than any other material. Don’t own my black patent mini anymore but other than carefully checking how the leather behaves during storage, I did not take any special care :smile:

Reactions: beaver232

julia.pa

Nov 15, 2017
I have a beige patent Mini and no issues so far, not with colour transfer, colour change or anything at all. So I‘m sure black would be even easier to care for!

cocopuff

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I have a black patent ML classic flap for 9-10 years and no issues. I can bravely wear it in the rain and no colour transfer so far. I do find I have to wear more dressy clothes with it and that's the only downfall.

baghagg

Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
I have one black patent Chanel bag from 2012ish, I can I honestly say that not only is it very well made and absolutely beautiful, but out of all my Chanel bags (including 5 CF's), it is THE ONLY ONE which retains that beautiful, brand-new leather scent to this day!!! It is a joy to take it out of it's dust bag and use it. Also, the quilts are as puffy as the day I brought it home! Post pics if you get it!

May 16, 2020
So how do you take care of black patent leather purses? Especially if they start making that sort of 'sticky' sound ?

lvchanellvr

Jul 11, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I think if you own patent, you fully understand that storage and temperature control is crucial. If you live in a tropical climate with no a/c, it will be an issue. However, if your home is climate controlled, there should be absolutely no issues. I love wearing patent during Xmas, it is something different from caviar and lambskin and that slight sparkle and gloss look makes it look festive. I like wearing patent in the summer too but you have to be careful not to leave the bag in the car. Patent bags that are for sale are usually in fair condition and have not been properly stored and the owner did not fully understand what it meant to own patent. Hence, the low resale value. Hth.

Reactions: Wondermuffin