black patent jumbo classic or 2.55 black patent reissue

hobo7

Apr 12, 2008
I have my SA hold a black patent jumbo classic silver hw and a 2.55 black patent reissue from prefall 2010 with shiny silver hardware. I have them until tomorrow. For those of you who are chanel experts out there, what is your preference and why. And if you pick the reissue,what size 226 or 227. Thanks so much for your help.

I would pick the jumbo. I love patent and I think black patent looks nicer on classic bag. I prefer matte leather (aged looking) on reissue bags. If you are petite, 226 is a very good size for everyday usage. However, go for 227 if you are a big bag girl! Good luck and let us know your decision!

Hi! I will recommend the jumbo classic because it looks better in patent like another poster said. However, I do feel that the patent material is more sustainable on the 2.55. So that might be something to consider. IMO, the 2.55 patent doesn't show as much fingerprints and is less delicate.

For classic, I like jumbo size. For reissue I think 226 size is the biggest I would go for myself since I am petite. 227 is quite large looking for my frame 5'2.

Last edited: