Black or Putty Stam

Black or Putty Stam

• Black

• Putty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay here's the deal I love the stam, the style, the fact that its large, and I do have the black one but I'm wondering if I'm just too small for her - I'm 5'1and a half and around 102 - 104 pounds. A friend has hinted she may sell her putty but am I just too slight for the stam?

girlie said:
If you had to choose which would you pick, the black stam or putty stam? Both with suede interiors. I don't have pix of either though. Please help.

I am not exactly helping b/c I believe that there's no 1 color for everyone -- depends on your style and need. If you are looking for a darker color, Black/Taupe/Patent_Cola (maybe Mouse this season?) would be nice. If you are looking for a cool/summery/spring color, Ivory/Patent_Chalk and Patent_Blush would be ideal. I would place Putty (along with Cashew this season maybe) in a neutral category - between dark and light. Some people love it while others think it's too flat. It's all personal preference.

Black is a great choice, it's considered a 'classic'/'forever' color that will never go out of style. There's a reason why Black is the color that returns season after season for many bags. =)

My favorite color for Stam is Violet! If I were to choose between Black & Putty for myself, for sure it'll be Black (Icey Leather if available). I like either dark or very light color. I might change in the future, but at this point in time, I'm so-so with metallic and/or greyish colors.

girlie said:
Okay here's the deal I love the stam, the style, the fact that its large, and I do have the black one but I'm wondering if I'm just too small for her - I'm 5'1and a half and around 102 - 104 pounds. A friend has hinted she may sell her putty but am I just too slight for the stam?

Girlie,

It depends on how comfortable you are with big bags. I have a smaller frame than you, I admit feeling overwhelmed by its size. Stam & Venetia are about 15-16" across, my limit is about 13" now (i.e Blake/Elise are more suitable). Bags look even bigger in light colors. =)

Since your Black/Putty Stams are from SS06, they are both calf leather with suede lining? Which color will go with your outfits? Go with the color you like more rather than one that's hard to find and/or loved by everyone else. =)

Thank you all for trying to help - it's funny though I am now wondering if I should keep any stams at all. Like I said I adore everything about it, and am kind of obsessed with obtaining the putty but the fact is there must be reason I have hardly used my black one - I got her in Feb. amd maybe used it twice whereas my Grey Edith has been out constantly as well as my Betty (who has held up really well despite her 'delicate' nature). I am giving myself till tomorrow to decide...

bag.lover said:
Girlie,

It depends on how comfortable you are with big bags. I have a smaller frame than you, I admit feeling overwhelmed by its size. Stam & Venetia are about 15-16" across, my limit is about 13" now (i.e Blake/Elise are more suitable). Bags look even bigger in light colors. =)

Since your Black/Putty Stams are from SS06, they are both calf leather with suede lining? Which color will go with your outfits? Go with the color you like more rather than one that's hard to find and/or loved by everyone else. =)

bag.lover I have to say you really are lovely to take your time and give such thorough answers, I have seen your replies to other dilemmas in the PF and I just wanted to thank you for always being so generous with your comments. You rock!