black or oak mitzy messenger?

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
UK
I have both (black as a hobo but I change around the straps) and actually find oak easier to combine with clothes than black, but then I wear a lot of tans, creams and blues which oak matches better with - I guess it depends on the colours in your wardrobe. I always think oak looks good in the summer as well as winter so is a more versatile year-round colour. However, you can't go wrong with black either so its a tough one!

Loveheart

Sep 24, 2011
London, UK, still Europe !!
I have an oak Mitzy, I didn't know what to buy as I wear a lot of greys and blacks in winter and I was first tempted to get the black. However, oak matches well with all colours and is excellent choice for the entire year. It will match well with any summer wardrobe, where as black imo is more a autumn/winter bag. They are both excellent choices though

AndreaM404

Dec 28, 2011
Scotland
I am the same loveheart I wear a lot of blacks and greys that's why I initially swayed towards black.
I have the deer brown tillie for the summer, arhhh black or oak??? Someone tell me what to do:lol:

Loveheart

Sep 24, 2011
London, UK, still Europe !!
Lol Andrea, i just visited M.com and have a black mitzy east/west in my basket!
Don't think I will check it out as I have recently bought a black Prada but I love my Oak Mitzy messengers so much that I am sorely tempted to get a black one too.
What are we like!

If you don't have any black bags, I would opt for a black Mitzy. But the oak goes well with everything and the deer Tillie (that I also have) is a real summer bag imo. The Oak Mitzy is a girl for all seasons

AndreaM404

Dec 28, 2011
Scotland
I have one black mulberry my effie hobo but that's it and 1 brown that's my deer brown tillie.
The black Mitzy arrived today, and now I have the oak sitting in my shopping basket. I can't afford them both after already buying 4 bags!!!

Help!!!!! Arhhhhh. :lol:

AndreaM404

Dec 28, 2011
Scotland
I have ordered the Oak from m.com and will compare with the black when it arrives.

If you see me beack on here asking about another bag, please tell me NO!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nov 9, 2010
In Handbag Heaven
I love my oak Mitzy but I also like my black one but not as much & I totally agree oak girls with every colour so I say get the oak & there bomb proof I got it wet & it dried fine