Black or Ivory MJ Stam?

Black or Ivory Classic Stam

• Black - Grainy Leather

• Black - Nappa Leather

• Ivory - Grainy Leather

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi, I can't decide which one I like more, the MJ classic Stam in Black or in Ivory. It will be my first Marc Jacobs purchase. Which one should I buy. Both will be in the grainy leather. Is the soft nappa leather nicer in the Black stam? Please help me decide. Thanks!

Hi - I'm usually an LV girl but I dabble in MJ, and especially love the Stam. Just for backround I myself wear a lot of black and have a fondness for it. Personally, for whatever reason, I love, love, love the Ivory Stam. Although IMO I think the black would be a better choice if I had to choose one or the other. I think it's more classic. I think it's the kind of thing where if you love both, but you buy the black, you would be thrilled to have it - period. But if you bought the Ivory, you might always wonder what it would have been like to have the black one. To my knowledge, the Nappa leather is considerabley lighter, so that my help you decide.

Picture yourself with one of them and think about how it makes you feel to not have the other one, and vice versa. Sometimes that helps me!

Thanks Amarante for your thoughts. I totally agree with you. I would choose black over the ivory too but I recently bought the Chanel tote in the Black caviar leather (grainy leather). Do i really want two quilited black grainy bags? Hmm?

I had the same problem as you. I definetely wanted a Stam bag as my first MJ bag (so love the style of it!) but was also undecisive between black or ivory. I would reflect upon your current bags which color they have. I really liked both colors, but as I have a lot of black bags already I went for an ivory Stam bag because it different from the other bags and fit the spring time. The point also helping me was, that there are very rarely Stam bags available in Germany or in Europe. As I was not able to locate a bag I like I had to go with Ebay. There I saw a beautiful ivory patchwork stam which I finally got.

So think about your current bags and maybe about your wardrobe (color preferences, color matching) and then decide. If you clearly like one more than the other just go for that one you like best! Good luck. Hope I was not confusing... It's already late here in Germany, but I love surfing through tpf!

I initially thought the black, but saw your post about your black Chanel. I would second the suggestion to look at your current bag collection and see if one color would fill a void more than another. You can't go wrong with either!

Very true, ivory will be harder to take care of. I also have a black Balenciaga city bag too so I guess I will have too many black bags if I decide on the Black Stam. Deep down I think I will like the black color Stam more but I don't have a light color summmer bag yet. Do I buy the Black one because I might love it more or buy the Ivory because I don't have this color bag yet. My husband thinks I should go with the Ivory b/c I don't have that color yet. I'm having MJ store in SF sending me both bags so I can see them in person and then decide which one I want to keep and which one to return. I'm making me life harder than it is. I wish I can buy both, but with all I bags I want I can't afford to have two Stams. hehehehe.
thanks a bunch for your advice and thoughts. I will keep you posted of which bag I decide to buy.

^ careful with mj sf. make sure they don't charge you without your authorization.

i voted for the ivory stam. since you just recently bought a caviar chanel bag and own a black bbag, you should get something different. the ivory is beautiful especially with the gold hardware. it'll really stand out. yes, white bags are high maintenance, but it's worth it just to have one. it really rounds out a collection, you know? good luck deciding.

The ivory is absolutely gorgeous. it's always caught my attention more than the black one has, and the black one is knocked off more too. i was so close to buying it, but i'm so clumsy that I felt like it was bound to get dirty, and to spend 1000+ on it that wouldnt have been good. Although, now that you've brought it up...i'm tempted to buy it again..