black or canard

Jan 11, 2010
Hi Ladies-

I have been considering a Canard city for a couple of months now, and have been anxiously awaiting it's release in the bal boutiques. However, I also own an Anthra city. I have wanted Canard for a rich, dark, RH bag.
My question is do you think Canard is too similar to Anthra ? Would I be better off going with a dark, black city? Or.. is black too similar to Anthra as well? :shame::cursing:
(My Anthra has blue undertones )

Thanks in advance girls !!!:P

Hi there! I have seen the three of them ( Anthra black & canard ) compared them and separate perhaps you think they look alike, but no! they are completely different! Cannard is a dark blue different from 2008 Officier !

I think Canard will be lovely... so many people have seen it in the flesh and describe it as something quite unlike the previous blues.

Delmilano - in her thread, has seen and described it.

I have only seen pictures of it (there is one floating about somewhere - a Canard Velo) and it looks lovely. I don't see nay green undertones, but it must be one of those colours where seeing it in real life brings out the the slight petrol green undertones.

If Canard comes in the wrinkliest, most veined leather, I suspect I won't be able to refuse it all.

Alternatively, wait for the next dark blue - I'm sure there is another one for next season, as dark blue is so big this year.

I think the next blue to come out after Canard will be a true dark blue... the green hints in Canard are probably a nod to the military and safari influences we are seeing in some clothes this season.

Last edited:
:ty:Thanks for all the responses !!! I have decided to pass on Canard this time around.. Someone posted a comparison picture to Officer, and it made me realize how much prettier officer is. My Anthracite has a LOT of blue undertones in it, and even looks navy in pictures, so I am going to hold out for a very deep navy blue !!! :shame:

However, I may indulge myself in a black city !! Does anyone know what the 2010 blacks are looking like? :nuts:

I have only seen one black from 2010 (a Velo), and it was very black with smooth leather -not much distressing. I haven't seen a City. I think the 09 black bags have been pretty good, though, and are probably still available. I just got an 09 S/S black City from Saks in Boca Raton that has very nice leather. It is pretty black, silky and is mildly distressed.