Black or camel mini Luggage or grey croc Phantom?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi ladies, I've already agonised over the black mini Luggage and the black croc Phantom. I decided to get the Mini Luggage mainly because the croc phantom would have had to have been bought over the telephone and I wouldn't have been able to get a refund if it wasn't suitable. When I got home I found that the SA had left the alarm tag attached to the inside of the bag and I also wasn't very happy with some scratches on it. I returned the bag today as I was told when I phoned up that they had a new black Mini Luggage that had just come in and I was going to exchange it for that one if it was free from scratches. However, when I got to the store they didn't have a black Mini. It had already been sold. BUT they had a grey croc phantom in Nubuck and a camel mini Luggage. I really liked both of these. I would have bought the grey phantom there and then as for years I've been searching for a grey bag but I am too worried about caring for the nubuck. What would happen to it in the rain for example? I tried the camel mini and it's such a beautiful neutral bag for the summer. All my bags are black, I don't have any other colours. Not sure what to do. I left the store with my black mini as they think they may be able to get hold of a replacement black one for me so they told me to hang on to it for now.

Should I get the Mini Luggage in camel, or keep my black one, or get the grey Phantom?!

I feel like I need the black mini as I have seriously downsized my handbag collection and only have one tote style bag in black which I use for work. My other black bags are Chanel flaps. But I also need a different coloured neutral instead of black because in the summer black can look a bit too heavy and dark against lighter clothes. I can only afford one though, so what do you all think? TIA.

PS I've got to be quick because they only had one of each - camel Mini and grey croc Phantom and both were on display.

This is a tough dilemma because I like the Mini Luggage in both colours. However, I think that I like the black just a little bit more. True, it might "seem" a little dark for summer, but I really think black is a great year-round colour and will never show wear. I am thinking of getting one for myself even though I have never really wanted the Luggage bag before.

Thanks ladies. I'm still not sure! Black is the safe option and could be worn in winter and would be easy to care for, but the camel and the grey phantom are such great options for summer and I don't own a summer bag yet. It's so hard. I wish I could get all three!

Hi ladies, I've already agonised over the black mini Luggage and the black croc Phantom. I decided to get the Mini Luggage mainly because the croc phantom would have had to have been bought over the telephone and I wouldn't have been able to get a refund if it wasn't suitable. When I got home I found that the SA had left the alarm tag attached to the inside of the bag and I also wasn't very happy with some scratches on it. I returned the bag today as I was told when I phoned up that they had a new black Mini Luggage that had just come in and I was going to exchange it for that one if it was free from scratches. However, when I got to the store they didn't have a black Mini. It had already been sold. BUT they had a grey croc phantom in Nubuck and a camel mini Luggage. I really liked both of these. I would have bought the grey phantom there and then as for years I've been searching for a grey bag but I am too worried about caring for the nubuck. What would happen to it in the rain for example? I tried the camel mini and it's such a beautiful neutral bag for the summer. All my bags are black, I don't have any other colours. Not sure what to do. I left the store with my black mini as they think they may be able to get hold of a replacement black one for me so they told me to hang on to it for now.

Should I get the Mini Luggage in camel, or keep my black one, or get the grey Phantom?!

I feel like I need the black mini as I have seriously downsized my handbag collection and only have one tote style bag in black which I use for work. My other black bags are Chanel flaps. But I also need a different coloured neutral instead of black because in the summer black can look a bit too heavy and dark against lighter clothes. I can only afford one though, so what do you all think? TIA.

PS I've got to be quick because they only had one of each - camel Mini and grey croc Phantom and both were on display.

I would go fo the grey Phantom :smile: I love that bag.

If "all" your bags are black, I'd suggest the camel. It's a very neutral color that can be used all year and can be worn in place of a black bag, with black clothing, shoes, boots, etc. The only reservation I have in recommending it is that you seem to really want yet another black bag. Hmmm. No, I stand by my vote for camel. Gorgeous classic neutral that will be a nice change for you. If you truly want black later it should be easy enough to find. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be thrilled with whatever you end up with!

If "all" your bags are black, I'd suggest the camel. It's a very neutral color that can be used all year and can be worn in place of a black bag, with black clothing, shoes, boots, etc. The only reservation I have in recommending it is that you seem to really want yet another black bag. Hmmm. No, I stand by my vote for camel. Gorgeous classic neutral that will be a nice change for you. If you truly want black later it should be easy enough to find. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be thrilled with whatever you end up with!

Yes I do want another black bag - a girl can never have too many in my opinion! But I also want a different coloured bag. Problem is, I can't have both - lol! So is camel quite hard to come by? Also, do you know if it's prone to colour transfer?

Yes I do want another black bag - a girl can never have too many in my opinion! But I also want a different coloured bag. Problem is, I can't have both - lol! So is camel quite hard to come by? Also, do you know if it's prone to colour transfer?

I get what you mean...tough call. I specifically chose to get camel bc of its neutrality and bc it is different from black (I'm not a huge black bag person myself). From what I've seen it does seem a bit easier to get a black mini vs camel. Actually, I think it is somewhat easy to find a number of great bags in black. Other colors can be trickier to find. The Celine camel is a great color - none of the yellowish undertones that some camel colors have. Haven't had mine long enough to experience any color transfer but I've read here that it's easy enough to take care of, should it happen (Chanel eye makeup remover). If you get camel I doubt you'll be disappointed and if you love the bag maybe you can save up for a black one next year! Or branch out and get black in the phantom style...maybe the croc embossed leather for something different? Just a thought!

I get what you mean...tough call. I specifically chose to get camel bc of its neutrality and bc it is different from black (I'm not a huge black bag person myself). From what I've seen it does seem a bit easier to get a black mini vs camel. Actually, I think it is somewhat easy to find a number of great bags in black. Other colors can be trickier to find. The Celine camel is a great color - none of the yellowish undertones that some camel colors have. Haven't had mine long enough to experience any color transfer but I've read here that it's easy enough to take care of, should it happen (Chanel eye makeup remover). If you get camel I doubt you'll be disappointed and if you love the bag maybe you can save up for a black one next year! Or branch out and get black in the phantom style...maybe the croc embossed leather for something different? Just a thought!

Good thinking. That's what I thought too. Get one now in a colour like camel or even the grey croc phantom and worry about the black in a few months when I know I'll really need a black bag. I'm off to the store again on Wednesday as that's the last day for a refund or exchange so I'll see what they have on offer. There might be nothing at all!