Black or Cafe?

30 chocolate/cafe PHW or 35 black GHW?

• keep your 30 Chocolate

• why'd you pass up the 35 Black?

Results are only viewable after voting.

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Am contemplating between a cafe birkin phw 30 and a black ghw 35.

I'll try to post pics. i can;t reduce the size right now as i'm not at home. i'll try adjusting the camera settings.....

i already have the chocolate with me. the SA told me there was a black with gold hardware in 35. i didn't give it much thought.

then i opened my big mouth and said i might want to exchange my cafe 30 because i'm not so feeling it after all.

but when i take out my cafe B, it has this purple brownish tinge on yellow hotel light. cafe is a good color but i feel it's kinda boring. but that's just me. i tend to stereotype.

black - i'm not a fan of black but have been seeing gorgeous black with GHW. The 35 i feel will be too heavy for me in the long run.

ps: console me on my chocolate birkin....

Last edited:
Here it is...

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01382.JPG
    DSC01382.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 836
Lulilu, the black with ghw is one of my HGs. problem was i opened my big mouth and said i wanted to exchange my current bag. which of course they'd want to avoid as much as possible.

but then again the cafe is not that common. so i'm torn really

Can you go back and try on the 35cm Birkin? It may be your grail color, but if it's bigger and heavier than you like to carry, then you'll never be 100% happy with it either. If you wear a lot of browns (shoes, belts, other purses, clothes), then I think the cafe would be a great color that is easy to wear. Otherwise, go for the black. Cafe may not be an exciting color, but exciting bright colors aren't always easy to wear on a daily basis.

Btw, congrats on finding not one but two Birkins on your trip!

Unfortunately Ouija Board I did and it was gone....

so not really sure if i'll be happy with a gorgeous but heavy bag or a just right bag but it will grow on me.

i know, i know -buyer's regret. but at the store it looked gorgeous! (don't they all?)

Baileylab, my first thought when I saw your posted picture is, "What a beautiful Birkin!!!"

I have seen quite a few blacks around, but not cafe. The color seems to be quite neutral; do you feel this color will go with most of your wardrobe? If so, I would keep it!

I own one 35, and although DH thinks 35 looks better on me, it is heavy for me so I don't use it as much. I believe we may be similar in frame too?

Congratulation on finding a birkin on your trip. I hope you are enjoying NY too!

Thank you Purdue - i was thinking brown is a very neutral but somehow can;t shake the feeling that brown is super boring. actually i saw a pic of Sharon Stone's old cafe birkin and was hoping it would be that way too. somehow i can't find the pic again.

that's why i'm torn between boring brown but common but gorgeous black with ghw (and heavy too)

are you sure you want either one? i don't think cafe is boring and i don't know if the 35 will be too heavy but you seem to think both are true and that's all that is important. you should have the bag that you love.

Thanks Annie9999. I'm the classic case of buy it coz it's there. it's my first birkin. the other color available is gris tourterelle (sp) and this. and i chose this.

i'm soo indecisive....

my preferred colors are actually rouge H or vert veronese. i considered cafe but in a marwari. hey i answered my own question! :noggin:

thanks so much for asking!