Black or Cafe?

30 chocolate/cafe PHW or 35 black GHW?

• keep your 30 Chocolate

• why'd you pass up the 35 Black?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just read your other thread revealing your haul, i.e. scarves and bags and noticed that you have bought a few blue silks and a gorgeous BJ Plume. I love wearing Brown and Blue together, it can look stunning, if you get the right tones, whatever the season. Brown is a great neutral it's not heavy even in S/S and great for A/W too! Just some food for thought!
(ps love your signature quote - ITA too)

I think the brown is actually more versitile as regards wearing for day and evening. If you wear a lot of black brown will actually 'show' more and avoids the heavy all-black look.

I'm actually torn two because in their respective sizes, colours and hw - they are very different bags :wondering.

Thanks Annie9999. I'm the classic case of buy it coz it's there. it's my first birkin. the other color available is gris tourterelle (sp) and this. and i chose this.

i'm soo indecisive....

my preferred colors are actually rouge H or vert veronese. i considered cafe but in a marwari. hey i answered my own question! :noggin:

thanks so much for asking!

This right here.
You should get neither of the ones you posted and wait for the one that you really want :yes:

I think you have made a fabulous choice! I personally like the cafe much better because it is a versatile dark color to wear... goes well with almost everything. Black is much more common and a bit boring at times.

I like your new Birkin but you have to love it. If you're not in love with it maybe you should exchange it for store credit and wait for something that makes your heart sing (like the Vert Veronese or Rouge H you've mentionted) ;). The price of these bags are too high to have buyer's remorse KWIM?
Good luck with your decision!

This poor girl must be getting confused with all the suggestions. I think the others who stated that you should not settle are on the mark. Not that I am a fan of having a $$$ credit with the store, but at least you can get what you really want.

Maybe the SA will be kind and just refund you. It can be done.

I say pass on both.

I do agree that brown colors are more versatile and go with black nicely, but cafe is not the richest color IMO. I would choose a different brown if I could and not cafe for a birkin. I would also choose a 30.

I say pass on both and find the perfect 30 you truly love. In the end, you will love that bag and use it all of the time.

sizes aside, i prefer black to cafe. of the brown family, my preferences are for either ebene or chocolate. cafe is too red for my taste.

but it sounds like neither is really what you want!? so are you really happy with any of these 2 or should you just wait? it is a LOT of money to be spending on something that you are unsure about, non!?

i think none of us on tpf can tell you what you like and that seems to be the question here! you don't really like either!? so i think the question is not which one, but should you at all!?

the birkin is rare but NOT that rare that you should spend $$$ just to have A BIRKIN, YWKIM. when the right one comes along, it will make your heart sing :heart: and bring a smile to your face every time you carry it! in the meantime, good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
I have both cafe & black, love them equally. My cafe's at the spa right now, I really miss her & I can't wait to pick her up next week. Black does go with almost everything, cafe goes with almost everything except black outfits or grays. Can't go wrong with either IMO but if you are not crazy about either wait for something you really love, too much money to settle.