Black of Patent Leather YSL Muse

gingingirl

Apr 21, 2008
Hi All,

I finally decided to purchase the Large Muse bag. But I am torn as to to what color to get it in. I love the patent leather look but afraid that it will not look as timeless as the black leather couple years from now.

Which color do you think will stand the test fo time?

Also, any of you gals know if it's cheaper to buy at the YSL store or YSL online?

Your feed back is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Christina

I faced the same dilemma about a few weeks ago! I purchased the black patent but returned it and got the leather in chocolate brown instead (which I absolutely adore). I personally think the leather is more practical than patent; it looks good all year round and it will most likely never go out of style.

I also got mine at bergdorf. YSL stores already increased their prices (at least by $100), and when I got my leather, bergdorf still had the old price so you might want to check other department stores that carry the bag before going straight to a YSL store. Good luck!

I was having the same worries as you when I needed to make a decision as to whether to get the black leather or patent black muse...When I was at the YSL boutique I told the SA my concern as to whether the patent black will stand the test of time as I will be using it for a long time to come and she assured me that the patent is always in what's more YSL started out with patent bags which was extremely long ago and till today its still in the trend :smile:

And the patent black is much easier to take care as compared to the one in buffalo leather.If caught in the rain the buffalo leather will definately have spots on it and scratches will also be quite noticeable I was also told this is something that is unavoidable with the buffalo leather.

I got my oversized patent black muse for 1295 at saks during the handbags event if you were to get it from YSL boutiques or their website you will need to pay 1395 as there was a price increase recently.So try saks as I got it after the price increase but saks is still using the old price :smile: Hope this helps!

The YSL textured (or crinkle) patent is very durable and so easy to take care of, so it would definitely stand the test of time when it comes to maintenance. When it comes to fashion, I believe black patent is timeless and always a classic no matter where the patent trend is. And it is very, very YSL as sportsger2001 mentioned.

The black buffalo is beautiful, too, so you really can't go wrong with either. You should pick the one you love the most!

Thank you everyone for their input. I just returned from the YSL boutique and came home with my very own Large Black leather Muse! I am so excited! I cannot not stop staring at it! But now I am contemplating if I should fork out $100 more to get the oversize.......... :smile: