Black Mini Grainy or Citrine Micro Smooth

kate021105

bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Hi girls! Need ur opinion on this. My friend is selling her Celine bags -

a Celine Mini Luggage Black Grainy (purchased 2010)
a Celine Micro Luggage Citrine Smooth (purchased Sept 2011)

She is selling her bags to fund a brandnew birkin. Anyway, I already have a black Chanel GST tote but I don't have a citrine colored bag. But I heard that the smooth leather celines scratch easily. Which one should I get? Both bags are in good condition!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001-1.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 724
Hmm, this is a tough one!!
I'm not a big fan of yellow, so Citrine wouldn't be a color I'd favor, but I prefer the smooth leather to the grainy -- esp the new grainy, which I'm not a fan of at all.

Based on what you said, however, and the fact that you already own a black tote, I think I'd recommend the Citrine over the Black -- the Smooth Leather is amazing, plus it's lined with more leather. Altho the grainy leather may be a little more durable and/or less susceptible to scratches, it's not lined with leather. I think of the two bags you're considering, the Citrine looks a little more luxurious

I really don't like the citrine color myself. The grainy black would be more versatile, but if you already have a good black tote, then why waste your money and just hold off and get one in a color you really really love....thats what I would do....:shrugs:

The micro citrine is stunning but a little bit difficult to wear.
If you decided to get the black mini, I would LOVE to get the micro citrine.
I'm very short and mini luggages are way too big for me.
Please PM me.

I agree with the others only buy the bag that you really want. FYI I have 2 smooth leather minis and have no problems with scratches unless you really plan to bash the bags around.

i'm a big fan of black bags and i feel that a girl can NEVER have too many of them, so my vote goes to the black mini. i think that while the citrine is a lovely colour to look at, its a very 'seasonal' sort of colour and i'm not sure how often i would reach for it? also, i'd be really worried about colour transfer issues on such a light coloured bag.

I think Citrine is gorgeous! The new grainy resort Citron is more of a bright yellow, and I live the look of the pale yellow Citrine. If you decide against I am like the other gal, and would love to have it.

That being said, I think a black mini is such a staple, so versatile, and so different than Chanel it won't matter if you have two black bags. If I had to choose one that would be it for me.

Or, get the Citrine and swap for another bag with any certain people who you know may have a lot of Celine bags they could barter with and have expressed an interest in the Citrine.

Just consider: size differences, leather type, wardrobe compatability, etc.