Black medium luggage - 2010 or newer?

mettan

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
I'm the lucky owner of two beautiful medium luggage bags; one beige/light brown from 2010 (with the shorter handles) and one burgundy from 2011 (I guess) with longer handles.

As I'm so obsessed with this bags, I'm now on my hunt for a black one.

According to the propotions of the bag, the 2010 model with the shorter handles appeals more to me than the newer ones with longer handles, but as they are so hard to find I maybe have to go for the newer one.

I also have a (maybe wrong) idea of that the quality of the 2010's are better than the newer ones, but maybe it's just the structure of the leather (the leather of my burgundy is quite more soft and slouchier than the light brown leather in the "frame" of my bicolor from 2010).

What is your opinions of 2010's VS the newer models? Are there a difference in the quality?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm the lucky owner of two beautiful medium luggage bags; one beige/light brown from 2010 (with the shorter handles) and one burgundy from 2011 (I guess) with longer handles.

As I'm so obsessed with this bags, I'm now on my hunt for a black one.

According to the propotions of the bag, the 2010 model with the shorter handles appeals more to me than the newer ones with longer handles, but as they are so hard to find I maybe have to go for the newer one.

I also have a (maybe wrong) idea of that the quality of the 2010's are better than the newer ones, but maybe it's just the structure of the leather (the leather of my burgundy is quite more soft and slouchier than the light brown leather in the "frame" of my bicolor from 2010).

What is your opinions of 2010's VS the newer models? Are there a difference in the quality?

Many thanks in advance!
I've got my first Luggage in 2010 with the short handle like you said and ended up returned it but later felt in love with the recent version with longer handle.

Quality issue? Compare to a recent purchased of Chanel and Hermes bags, IMO Celine still maintains its craftsmanship very well.