Black Marks on My New Louis Vuitton Galliera PM?

sgivs

Sep 2, 2008
Hi, I just got the Galliera PM for my b-day last week. I've been using it a few days and it is getting black marks on the leather where the rings touch the leather. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tried to pm you but you do not have pm set up. Many have stated they take a soft dry cloth and wipe down the hardware frequently to prevent it from continuing to happen. Keeping the hardware clean will help. It really should not do this in my opinion for what the bag cost, but everyone has been coming across this with the bag.

yep it seems to be a common occurrence with the Galliera...I guess because the metal is constantly rubbing against the naked leather. But it should become far less noticeable as patina develops!

Hi, I just got the Galliera PM for my b-day last week. I've been using it a few days and it is getting black marks on the leather where the rings touch the leather. Has anyone else had this problem?
YES! i have this problem! whenever the gold brass touches the leather and will leave a black mark on the leather. i tried using eraser to rub but useless. :sad:

i don't want you guys to try it unless you're comfortable doing this....

i waited for 3-4 months to do this!!! i used baby wipe to clean the dark marks....and they came off clean! i use baby wipes on all my LVs, but i normally wait until it starts to develop patina --- ever since then, the dark marks seem to be slowing donw on the appearance plus the leather itself is nice honey color now!!

for years i used pampers non scented ones, but i recently switched target brand's non scented one.... they are bigger and stronger, LOVE their baby wipes!! lol