Black MAM from Bloomies?

silkribbons

Sep 18, 2008
I received mine today, but it came without tassles. The picture they advertised had tassles, so I called to inquire about this and the SA told me there were no black mams left to send me. She suggested for me to go on the RM website and order one with tassles. I was sort of speechless, but then I guess there was nothing she could do.

I love the bag even without the tassles, but just disappointed because I was soooo anticipating it. Can't really complain because of the great deal. Just wondering if anyone else ordered the black one and if it had tassles.

By the way, I found these leather cords, http://www.leathercordusa.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=LCU&Category_Code=C9-6MM Is it cheesy to add these to my mam??? I mean if I can find some black ones.

I noticed LR's tangy mam had the short newer tassels and Bloomies picture of it had the long old school tassels. I'd be upset, but only because I don't like the new tassels. If you don't like it, send it back! Their fault for not posting accurate pictures!

I ordered a black MAM from Bloomies in November and they had that exact picture up. I was expecting the long tassels, but I received one with the new RM signature hardware and blue striped lining. I don't think they update the images each season for RM on the Bloomies site, so just beware!

I just got my BBW MAB from LB and it has the short tassels. I intend to put long ones on it. I was going to go to Tandy Leather but since you posted that site, I see that they have braided ones in black. I may try them. My son has leatherworking tools so I believe I can use the grommets that are on the tassels.

I say go for it. I LOVE the long tassels on my MAM.

I noticed LR's tangy mam had the short newer tassels and Bloomies picture of it had the long old school tassels. I'd be upset, but only because I don't like the new tassels. If you don't like it, send it back! Their fault for not posting accurate pictures!
I wouldn't have minded the shorter tassels, as long as there were tassels. I got it for over 50% off, so really, they would benefit from me sending it back, I think.

I ordered a black MAM from Bloomies in November and they had that exact picture up. I was expecting the long tassels, but I received one with the new RM signature hardware and blue striped lining. I don't think they update the images each season for RM on the Bloomies site, so just beware!
Mine had the black and white lining, which was pretty nice too. Thanks for the warning for future reference.

I just got my BBW MAB from LB and it has the short tassels. I intend to put long ones on it. I was going to go to Tandy Leather but since you posted that site, I see that they have braided ones in black. I may try them. My son has leatherworking tools so I believe I can use the grommets that are on the tassels.
Sounds like fun! I don't have the tools, and was thinking to leave it raw. Probably not a good idea? I will have to wait for the plain black cords to be in stock. Thanks for the push!

I ordered the black MAM over a year ago from Bloomies, expecting tassesls and old hardware based on their picture.

THats not what I got so I sent it back.

Honestly, I would try those cords. The first RM's had the unfinished tassels, so why not?

Post pics if you decide to keep it with the tassels on!!

Stillsearching, I'll post pics when I get the cords. I found deerskin cords at Hobby Lobby, but they were only 1/8" wide, so I'll have to wait to get them online. I even found d-rings, but they were much too big for the tassels.

Littlerock, the hardware has her initials on them, so I guess they're the signature hardware? I really love this bag despite the the whole tassels (or lack of) thing.