Black Mac

MbyMJ

Moonwalk by M.J.
Jul 4, 2009
Okay, ever since purchasing my first RM bag I am somewhat addicted. I have done a search on this forum but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. My apologies if there's a duplicate topic.

Do the RM Black Macs only come out with gold hardware? The only pics I've seen have been with gold hardware but I think I'm just out of the loop. I would totally buy it if it came out with silver or gunmetal hardware. That would be TDF. Does anyone know anything re: the hardware and whether or not it will come out in the future.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

This thread will most likely get moved to the RM Shopping subforum but here's a link for you to a pre-sale/pre-order black MAC w/silver HW:

http://www.asteralice.com/rebeccaminkoffmorningafterclutch-blackorflatirongrey.aspx

There's also a thread in the Shopping subforum about Aster Alice – some people have had great customer service and some people have had not so happy shopping experiences from them.

There's also a thread in the Shopping subforum for MAC hunters :smile:

Okay, ever since purchasing my first RM bag I am somewhat addicted. I have done a search on this forum but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. My apologies if there's a duplicate topic.

Do the RM Black Macs only come out with gold hardware? The only pics I've seen have been with gold hardware but I think I'm just out of the loop. I would totally buy it if it came out with silver or gunmetal hardware. That would be TDF. Does anyone know anything re: the hardware and whether or not it will come out in the future.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Somewhat addicted? Same thing happened to me...welcome to the club! :smile:

There was a special order earlier this year for a MAC in Noir (black lambskin) w/silver hardware, so keep an eye out for one of those from a private seller. You had good luck finding that beautiful Deep Purple Mini Nikki, after all! HTH!

Oops, my apologies for posting this in the wrong forum.

Thanks to the both of you for the info. I'm glad it will come out next month, just in time for my birthday.

Another question, what's the different between glazed black, black, pepper and noir? Is it the leather or is one darker than the other? I see many sites with different blacks.

--Glazed black is exactly what it sounds like. . .

--Black is an okay leather, kinda pebbly (not really exciting in my book--I had a Nikki in this leather and sent it back. It just lacks something that I can't put my finger on).

--Pepper is more of a matte leather (with a little sheen), although it looks a little puffy, it is EXTREMELY soft. It's not really a jet black either. . . more of a softer black (if that makes any sense). I love this leather!

--Noir is amazing--black with gold flecking in the leather. It's a lighter weight leather being that it's lambskin. Noir is my favorite RM black!

You might get lucky and find a black MAC w/ silver hw on ebay. That's where I got mine. I'm not sure which black leather it is though. Maybe just the plain black? I've also seen one or two from the SO pop up, so keep watching, like pandafan said.

--Glazed black is exactly what it sounds like. . .

--Black is an okay leather, kinda pebbly (not really exciting in my book--I had a Nikki in this leather and sent it back. It just lacks something that I can't put my finger on).

--Pepper is more of a matte leather (with a little sheen), although it looks a little puffy, it is EXTREMELY soft. It's not really a jet black either. . . more of a softer black (if that makes any sense). I love this leather!

--Noir is amazing--black with gold flecking in the leather. It's a lighter weight leather being that it's lambskin. Noir is my favorite RM black!

baghag: Thanks for letting me know the inside scoop on the different type of blacks. That will definitely help me for later when I find something I really like. So essentially, I will try and find one in pepper or noir if the Mac comes out in that shade of black.

gr8ful1: Yes, thanks for the heads up. I will probably have a look on ebay for this one too. It helps so I don't have to pay too many taxes when entering Canada.

Thanks to everyone else for providing me with the different special orders for the black Mac with either silver/gunmetal hardware. Greatly appreciated.

I found out mine is Noir. I had it written down from the auction I bought it from. So, there's definitely hope. The seller had two for sale at that time, so someone has the other one. I think it was a sample.

I'm not sure what the colour is on the RM site. I know that there are several black leathers that were used for the MAC. I have the Glazed Black MAC and I can tell you that it is a dark black, somewhat stiff, thin leather. The tassels are thin and long...I love it. It's not the sort of leather that I would want for a Nikki or a slouchy bag, but it works well for the MAC.