Black M/L caviar classic flap

chanelandcostco

Aug 29, 2018
Has anyone ever seen a seasonal *black* M/L caviar classic flap that does not have a seam on the flap? I don't love the seam, but I love caviar, and my friend says she thinks she remembers seeing one last year, maybe with light gold hardware. I've only ever heard of black caviar coming with the seam, so I was really excited when she mentioned it. However, when I googled, I couldn't find anything like that.

Was she imagining things, or does such a bag exist?

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
The last one I can remember was I think it was 18C, it had a pretty sparkle iridescent caviar but it had shiny ruthenium HW. There have been Chevron classics in Black lamb & caviar with LGHW & SHW in recent seasons but Chevron tends to have the seam. Back a few years ago there was a seasonal black (no seam w/ ruthenium HW). Hmm...there's probably more but I can't think of really any other quilted right now. Chanel doesn't really tend to do Black in the seasonal fabrications (Chevron excepted).

chanelandcostco

Aug 29, 2018
The last one I can remember was I think it was 18C, it had a pretty sparkle iridescent caviar but it had shiny ruthenium HW. There have been Chevron classics in Black lamb & caviar with LGHW & SHW in recent seasons but Chevron tends to have the seam. Back a few years ago there was a seasonal black (no seam w/ ruthenium HW). Hmm...there's probably more but I can't think of really any other quilted right now. Chanel doesn't really tend to do Black in the seasonal fabrications (Chevron excepted).
Thank you SO much for this detailed response. It was very kind of you to take the time!