Black large lily or LV mono Speedy 30 ?

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
Does anyone own these bags and can tell me which they like better. I am going to finally cave and purchase a satchel type bag and need opinions please thanks !!! I love both of these bags. I already have a black Ali so it is the same color and hardware as the lily. I don't own any lv mono peices. I had a vintage mono Alma briefly but sold it before I every used it. Also are the sizes comparable or is the xl Lily closer in size. Thanks !

Hope no one shoots (DUCKS) me but HONESTLY ... LV speedy all the way!!! I love both bags and I know how hard it is to choose. I have a LV speedy 25 and its such a classic bag and light weight, the Lily is GORGEOUS but I had the med. in Black and took it back because of the weight so I know I couldnt have handled the large. Even though I have the 25, I have been wanting a 30 now so maybe if I am a good girl then Santa will bring me one. Best of Luck, both are GORGEOUS!!! Keep us informed :smile:

Okay, I have both.

Differences
Lily- HEAVY
Speedy- Light

Lily- fit on shoulder
Speedy- must hold in hand or on elbow

Lily- has some organization
Speedy- a black hole

Lily- tough, durable leather
Speedy- coated PVC

Lily- bulky even when empty
Speedy- folds up for nice storage

In short, I love both and I use the speedy more. However, I believe you won't have trouble getting a speedy in the future (may be a few more price increases), but you are unlikely to get a Lily in the future. '

Get the Lily now and wait for the speedy later.

*** Didn't realize you said mono and not Damier.
Lily- won't show dirt
Speedy- those handles will show sweat and dirt even when it gets a nice Patina

Last edited:
hmmmm interesting....well i'm a die-hard coach fan myself so my answer will probably be biased....but here goes nothing...THE LILY! Coach is timeless...lv just has a name right now...Coach never gets old...luis...is just hot for the moment..plus u could never beat the quality of FINE LEATHER GOODS...NOT COATED PLASTIC...my dear...

I had the medium lily in black and well... it fell apart in two weeks! So I got rid of her! Plus it was really heavy and bulky. I would pick the lv mono speedy 30, in fact I just got my very own mono speedy 30 today! And I like her much more!