Black Lambskin Chevron Rectangular Mini-Should I...

closetluxe

Feb 12, 2017
Hi everyone!
Just cam back from ~2 weeks in Europe. Still a little jet lagged, but I wanted to hop on here and get your opinion. I had a connection through Heathrow on my way back from Europe and literally had only a few minutes to go into the Chanel boutique as I had to get to my flight connection which was not in the main Terminal 5 but in one of it's two satellite buildings. The SA said she had 2 black rectangular minis, one in fabric and one in lambskin, so i grabbed the lambskin one. I was inspecting my purchases yesterday and noticed the left side of the flap is slighter higher. Am I making too much of this? Otherwise, the bag is beautiful, leather and hardware are fine. I got a really good deal on it, but should I return it knowing that I may not be able to get a replacement? Does Chanel do refunds or only credits? I would appreciate any input/advice you have for me. TIA.
IMG_1039[1].JPG IMG_1040[1].JPG IMG_1041[1].JPG

The cc is so crooked! I would at least get that repaired. It should be an easy repair. The lopsided flap itself doesn't bother me as much. Once you put things in it it will probably even out.

Reactions: janellec
I saw this in one of the stores on a silver metallic lambskin mini and it bothered me. However the SA still tried to sell it to me as if it's not a big deal and she said by using the bag you will "soften the leather" and shaping the bag by stuffing it will help. So...it's up to you. But my understanding is if you return it you will lose money on the exchange (pound to USD) for the refund

Thanks everybody for your input. I'll bring it to the boutique this weekend and see what they say. IF I exchange it, then I will end up paying more money I assume. IF I get a refund, the exchange rate might hurt a little.
I also a couple of questions. I noticed that the dust bag they gave me was not the traditional white one but just a black drawstring. Is this normal for the minis? Also the mini did not include a felt flap protector. Neither did my M/L. Is this normal as well?

Sometimes they don't pack the bags with felt protectors. Idk why...

As for the dustbag.. they don't consider the mini part of the classic line. Only the classics are normally given the white dust bags BUT I have seen SA's give customers the white dustbag for non classic bags . So it can depend . Hope that helps!

As for the dustbag.. they don't consider the mini part of the classic line. Only the classics are normally given the white dust bags BUT I have seen SA's give customers the white dustbag for non classic bags . So it can depend . Hope that helps!
Yes it does. Thanks.

Reactions: TheAnaVega
fyi..a SA once told me that felt protectors are there when the bag is shipped from paris/italy, once the bag lands in the stores, it's up to them on whether or not to remove it. according to the SA, the felt is not so much there to 'protect' the bag, but a sign that it's a 'finished' bag. you can always ask for those in the stores.

Reactions: TheAnaVega
If I can't get an exhange for another mini, do you think the problems on this bag would constitute as a defect to get me a refund? Will Chanel offer a refund only on defective bags and not because you changed your mind?

I have a rectangle mini where one side is slightly lower than the left when empty. When I don't use it, I keep it stuffed with paper to hold its shape. I suggest try this method in the meantime. Also, the black drawstring is the usual. I bought 2 minis plus a seasonal, all came with black drawstring bags.

As for returns, I'm from Hong Kong and the policy is 2 weeks exchange for something of equal or higher value, but no refunds.

Disagree! Not sure who you mean by 'they' don't consider the mini part of the classic line. They're called 'mini classics' for a reason.

Reactions: img
Disagree! Not sure who you mean by 'they' don't consider the mini part of the classic line. They're called 'mini classics' for a reason.

You sound offended.. didn't mean to offend. From what I was told hey were considered officially part of the classic line and then removed from that category... they are considered a classic but not part of the official classic lines

When I said THEY I meant chanel and it's associates... It's not like I made the rule or came up with this theory [emoji23] I'm just repeating what's been told to me many times

I don't have an agenda to exclude the mini - I think they're adorable ! And all chanels past and present are created relatively equal in my eyes [emoji7]

Last edited: