Black Kelly-to-go for summer?

Hello all - I'm wanting a Kelly-to-go but would like your advice. I live in Australia and wanted a hands free bag that I could wear all seasons. I'm gravitating to a black one with gold hardware but wonder, would this be easy to wear in summer? My style is reasonably casual - jeans and shirt or t-shirt generally. What would you choose for a Kelly-to-go colour? Do any of you have a photo of using a black bag in summer? Many thanks for your thoughts!

Black Kelly to go is a great go-to-hands free 'bag'. If you don't carry a lot around with you, it should fit all essentials (keys, phone, cards, lip balm). You can never go wrong with black, but it depends on what your summer style consists of. I personally like white or other pale neutrals for summer but that's because it matches my summer outfits better. I'm unsure if the Kelly-to-go is highly coveted or easily available in store where you are, but it might be a good idea to go and try one on!

Hello all - I'm wanting a Kelly-to-go but would like your advice. I live in Australia and wanted a hands free bag that I could wear all seasons. I'm gravitating to a black one with gold hardware but wonder, would this be easy to wear in summer? My style is reasonably casual - jeans and shirt or t-shirt generally. What would you choose for a Kelly-to-go colour? Do any of you have a photo of using a black bag in summer? Many thanks for your thoughts!
Black is the same as elegance. I wear black in any season, and Kelly to go is cute, smaller bags are nice for summer anyway IMO

Black is the same as elegance. I wear black in any season, and Kelly to go is cute, smaller bags are nice for summer anyway IMO
Thanks for your thoughts - it's very helpful. In terms of leather options, what would you prefer? I have pondered the chevre versus epsom and worry about scratches. I wear my bags and whilst I take reasonable care I don't baby them. How well does the chevre age? I had an orange Calvi once in Chevre and it developed this shine over time which I wasn't entirely a fan of, but it was in bright orange so perhaps the patina in the black over time is much more elegant.

Black Kelly to go is a great go-to-hands free 'bag'. If you don't carry a lot around with you, it should fit all essentials (keys, phone, cards, lip balm). You can never go wrong with black, but it depends on what your summer style consists of. I personally like white or other pale neutrals for summer but that's because it matches my summer outfits better. I'm unsure if the Kelly-to-go is highly coveted or easily available in store where you are, but it might be a good idea to go and try one on!
Thank you very much for your advice. I did enquire at my local store and the SA told me they got quite a few in recently and all sold within a few hours. I think I'd have to put it on my wishlist for my SA and hope she will remember me if and when they come into the store. I realise it might be harder if I am set on the black. Do scratches show up much more with black?

Thanks for your thoughts - it's very helpful. In terms of leather options, what would you prefer? I have pondered the chevre versus epsom and worry about scratches. I wear my bags and whilst I take reasonable care I don't baby them. How well does the chevre age? I had an orange Calvi once in Chevre and it developed this shine over time which I wasn't entirely a fan of, but it was in bright orange so perhaps the patina in the black over time is much more elegant.
For this specific piece, I would go epsom

I never used to like black bags in the summer, but I do use them now (a kelly and a plume) I think it looks ok most of the time except for very summery looks, then I prefer silky city or a no brand straw basket. I don't have the kelly to go and have never seen it in real life but in the photos it looks just adorable.:love: