Black jeans for Fall

TR Billy jeans...I'm afraid of them fading too fast as I love to wash my jeans after each wearing. I may turn them inside out and do a super short wash cycle...any other ideas?

I don't know what to do about black jeans -- my BF is an engineer, with the stereotypical engineer's fashion sense and I forbid him to ever consider buying another pair of black jeans after I got rid of all of his beloved stonewashed black denim from the 1980s and early 1990s.

I would love to buy some black jeans for myself, but I am afraid that one, he might have some more hidden away that I didn't find and two that he would take my buying black denim to mean that he could buy more of those ghastly black engineer pants!

Pursegrrl said:
TR Billy jeans...I'm afraid of them fading too fast as I love to wash my jeans after each wearing. I may turn them inside out and do a super short wash cycle...any other ideas?

I have black jeans and I also have faded black jeans. Faded on purpose.:yes:

robyn said:
I don't know what to do about black jeans -- my BF is an engineer, with the stereotypical engineer's fashion sense and I forbid him to ever consider buying another pair of black jeans after I got rid of all of his beloved stonewashed black denim from the 1980s and early 1990s.

I would love to buy some black jeans for myself, but I am afraid that one, he might have some more hidden away that I didn't find and two that he would take my buying black denim to mean that he could buy more of those ghastly black engineer pants!
:roflmfao::roflmfao:I can SOO envision the look you are describing with the engineers in black jeans!

I'm thinking that I do want to get a pair. I LOVED them back in the eighties:supacool:

Pursegrrl said:

in short, don't!

it's really bad for jeans to wash them if you want to keep them like new. you should really wash them cold without detergent, if you must! of course this appeals immensely to the lazy bum in me :roflmfao: if you go on the proper denim nerd type forums online they wear theirs without washing for the first six months :wtf: but that's usually dry denim they want to create distressing in the natural way.