Black-ish - Sept 24 - ABC

Anthony Anderson is such a good actor. I hope this is good and adds rather than detracts from him. I'm thinking of another actor who was on Law & Order with Anthony - Jeremy Sisto. I loved him on Law and Order and I can't stand that sitcom he's on now with the actress playing his teenage daughter who seems like she's probably 25 yrs old IRL.

Anyway, the commercial for this show is good and I'll check it out.

I watched. It ramped up a bit during the second half. I'll give it a few episodes. I feel like a first episode is never a good representation of the series because they are forced to use it to establish the characters and setting.

The name of the show is annoying.

Edit: OMG I just watched that trailer! Holy crap that show looks TERRIBLE and highly offensive? Am I uptight?! How embarrassing. Why can't they make TV shows everyday people can relate to?

Last edited:
Well, we are a diverse nation and some issues one group goes through, others don't and shows are created to address either seriously or humorously those issues to the population that is affected.. While I like having shows were there is a diverse cast and topics, I have no problem with these actors creating roles for themselves that otherwise would not exist.

Shows that I'm offended by, I just don't watch.....there are many out there.

ETA: This is not not necessarily directed to you, but Friends, Seinfield, those were 'marketed' to everyone, but did not 'speak to' nor 'reflect' everyone....didn't watch them cause "I" could not identify with them.

Well, we are a diverse nation and some issues one group goes through, others don't and shows are created to address either seriously or humorously those issues to the population that is affected.. While I like having shows were there is a diverse cast and topics, I have no problem with these actors creating roles for themselves that otherwise would not exist.

Shows that I'm offended by, I just don't watch.....there are many out there.

ETA: This is not not necessarily directed to you, but Friends, Seinfield, those were 'marketed' to everyone, but did not 'speak to' nor 'reflect' everyone....didn't watch them cause "I" could not identify with them.

This is a very good point. It's like all of the cartel members on Breaking Bad -- at least we had a few Mexican actors on TV for once.

Friends was idiotic. On Seinfeld everyone was white, but their lives were very ho-hum/average, not over-the-top the way we see these days on Pretty Little Liars, etc. Shows have changed with the times too, I understand.

I don't want to get into a big debate here, but I find the name of the show offensive. Panties would be in a wad if it were a new show called white-ish.
I simply won't be watching.