Black Hardware- Chipping?

Hi All,

I'm eyeing an RM Love bag with black hardware but was wondering for those of you who own bags with the black hardware, does the black color chip off? How is it holding up after using the bag? I saw on a blog that someone's bag with black hardware was chipping off so I'm hesitant to make my purchase.

I have this bag and the turnlock chipped fairly quickly which was very disappointing as I love the bag. However it's easy to fix as others have said with black nail polish since its just small knicks on the lock. Don't regret my buy as I love the clutch, the size, and the black on black look. Hope this helps!

My Small Amorous satchel has black hardware and one of the rings that is used to connect the long strap, has rubbed off a little bit. Here's a picture of it. I rarely use the long adjustable strap so I was surprised to see the paint has rubbed off. Thankfully it's not that noticeable so I don't mind it too much.
Is your black piping faded as well on the Small Amorous? How are you liking the style. I've been eyeing the black on black one online. I think I like the smaller size.

The piping is not faded on my bag. Just that one ring. And I do like my bag, it holds a good amount of items for its size. The strap is comfortable and very convenient to use when you want to be hands-free. The leather is nice and sturdy, too. Because it's so stiff you won't have to worry about the bag ever losing its shape. It's a gorgeous bag. I definitely recommend it.

The piping is not faded on my bag. Just that one ring. And I do like my bag, it holds a good amount of items for its size. The strap is comfortable and very convenient to use when you want to be hands-free. The leather is nice and sturdy, too. Because it's so stiff you won't have to worry about the bag ever losing its shape. It's a gorgeous bag. I definitely recommend it.
Thanks anthrosphere! Must have just been the light reflecting on the piping. I have never seen saffiano leather in person so I have concerns over whether I will think it looks fake or plasticky. Not sure if I'm fond of the more structured leather over soft squishy buttery leather. I love so many of the RM styles that only come in the saffiano though yet I don't find I hear near as much chatter about them.

Hi All,

I'm eyeing an RM Love bag with black hardware but was wondering for those of you who own bags with the black hardware, does the black color chip off? How is it holding up after using the bag? I saw on a blog that someone's bag with black hardware was chipping off so I'm hesitant to make my purchase.
I have a RM bag with black hardware and it does chip, quiet easily too. Just from normal use it has started to chip off. I noticed the problem after the second time of using the bag. :hrmm: Like someone mentioned before, overtime I think it will get worse.

I know you were asking about the black hardware but here are my experiences with RM hardware:

Silver: Does not chip (used this bag the most, including on vacation for two months)
Gold: Have not noticed any chipping (only used this a few times)
Rose gold: Chips as easily as the black hardware (noticed after a couple times of use)

I hope this helps on making your decision :smile: