Black hardware chipping issue solved?

jennymq

May 23, 2014
I want to buy the new pink / blue Love bag but it has the black hardware and I was wondering if the chipping issue has been solved or if it's still an issue. Does anyone have a recent bag with black hardware that can comment?

I want to buy the new pink / blue Love bag but it has the black hardware and I was wondering if the chipping issue has been solved or if it's still an issue. Does anyone have a recent bag with black hardware that can comment?

No idea but that bag is gorgeous. Only bag that perfectly captures the Pantone 2016 colors!

Is it this one?

http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/love-crossbody-resort-graffiti-print

If it is, You might want to ask RM customer service about the material of the Love. Last that I asked on the thread here, I asked about the mini mac.. I was informed it was PVC not leather.. but if you want PVC then perfect :smile: The leather on the love seems to look different from the mini mac though so maybe it is leather :smile:

Last edited:
I haven't heard of any improvements and this seems to just be an issue with all black HW. I have a Zac Posen with matte black HW and it's doing the same thing. At least with the shiny black you can use black nail polish to touch it up. I'm not sure what to do about matte.... maybe I can find something at a hardware store.

Anyway, maybe if you baby it enough it won't be too much of a problem. I know the RM bags are just very well made in general so maybe with TLC. :smile:

I haven't heard of any improvements and this seems to just be an issue with all black HW. I have a Zac Posen with matte black HW and it's doing the same thing. At least with the shiny black you can use black nail polish to touch it up. I'm not sure what to do about matte.... maybe I can find something at a hardware store.

Anyway, maybe if you baby it enough it won't be too much of a problem. I know the RM bags are just very well made in general so maybe with TLC. :smile:
maybe if could remove the HW you could spray it with flat black spray paint

maybe if could remove the HW you could spray it with flat black spray paint
Hey, thanks for the idea! Doesn't look like I could remove the hardware, but you just gave me a new idea.... no reason I couldn't mask off around the hardware, cover the whole bag with plastic and just spray paint it in place. Eureka!!! When it gets bad enough I will do that! Thanks again!
:woot:

Hey, thanks for the idea! Doesn't look like I could remove the hardware, but you just gave me a new idea.... no reason I couldn't mask off around the hardware, cover the whole bag with plastic and just spray paint it in place. Eureka!!! When it gets bad enough I will do that! Thanks again!
:woot:
if spray painting is too scary a first step, maybe try painting with acrylic paint with a matte finish?

if spray painting is too scary a first step, maybe try painting with acrylic paint with a matte finish?
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I'm sure I will turn up something acceptable at a HW store; acrylic paint or spray paint. The bag is smooth leather and extremely structured, so with careful masking I'm not fearful of messing anything up.

I would think it would be a lot harder with a Love though since the Love is quilted and stitched so elaborately! I'd just use black nail polish for that.