Black Halo Jackie O dress in Black

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I bought this dress about a month ago.....and it has sat in my closet ever since. I love it but the only event I can think of wearing it to would be my anniversary dinner with my husband later this month. How can I make this "office appropriate...or should it not be worn in the office?
Help!!
CSB00153.jpg

It's very office-appropriate! It's knee-length, and doesn't show any cleavage. To make it ever More office-appropriate, you can wear a cardigan or blazer over it to cover up your shoulders. Pumps will also make the dress look more professional than open-toed shoes.

I think a light beige/creme fitted blazer would look very nice with this. I'd pair it with gray closed or peed toed pumps and a short, thin scarf like the Hermes twillies. I think a black jacket would force you into the all-black look, which I've never been too fond of (if nothing else, it makes me feel a little sad and droopy all day when I wear all black!). Hope this helps!

I love this dress! I think it's already work appropriate depending on what type of work environment you're in, but agree with everyone that a jacket would help make it more appropriate if you work in a more conservative office.

i purchased a 4 and that is my size. it's a snug fitting dress. if you're curvy like me stay away from the cheeseburger & fries if you know you're wearing that dress in a few hours. ;)