Black guccissima leather - will it be ok in rainy weather??

kara_n

Feb 7, 2008
So I am looking for a new bag, I'm open to lots of different choices and designers. I don't want to buy a bag that I don't like that I can only wear in rain. So I want something I can wear with many outfits, in rainy weather (with an umbrella most of the time I am sure as well) and sunny weather.

So I am wondering how this leather holds up in black?

I was looking at an LV Stresa PM in monogram (I know its a totally different look to the black Gucci leather...but I like both)...and was told the rain will stain the leather part of the bag, but the canvas would probably be ok. I don't have an LV, but I feel like a black guccissima leather bag might fit with my wardrobe a bit more anyways.

I am possibly going on a trip to Poland this spring/or summer and it will likely rain.

I want a bag that I can take there , that I will also want to use while at home. I'm not going to waste money on a bag I don't like all that much. Also looking at Prada nylon, but can those get too wet and soak through? I have heard of that happening on other brands...

Ok

So basically, can this leather in black be ok in rain? I wouldnt buy any other color as that would probably leave spots more so...

Thanks.

I've carried my guccissima brown bag when it was raining and when it was snowing. There are no rain spots, so to my knowledge, it should be fine if it gets wet.

I have several black leather guccisma bags shoes etc. THEY DO FADE with time. I'm not sure exactly why they fade but they do. You can take your bag in to any Gucci boutique and they will make it look new again. I have carried my bags in the rain. The rain will not cause water spots. That is one of the issues that I have with Gucci products for the price that you pay I don't think the quality is the best. I'm currently carrying a large black sukey everyday and it is definitely time to take a trip to gucci!

Guccissima does vary bag from bag but its supposed to be a 'workhorse' of a leather, its one of those leathers that IMO looks better over time as it softens and the print looks better. My sister wears her Sukey in ALL-weathers, its been her work bag and of course goes to work rain or shine.

I carried my guccissima Boston to universal studios got caught in a Florida cloud burst and though if fared well after it dried it lost it shape and luster. I don't care for it anymore. If you are getting a bag that doesn't have a shape like sukey or hobo I think you'll be fine.

I use my Icon Bit Boston (pic in avatar) in black guccissima leather almost everyday. I live in Seattle and it rains frequently. I've had no issues with the leather. It's my go to bag.