Black GST with GHW or Be CC Tote????

Schiiaa

O.G.
Jan 22, 2010
I just bought a black GST with GHW, but am thinking about exchanging it for the black Be CC Tote??? I can't decide...
GST might increase in price soon and I would be pretty angry about that if I exchange it, on the other hand the Be CC tote seems more practical with it's sidepockets and feet.
What are your opinions? Keep GST and wait for another tote to come along, or exchange and buy GST later?

Keep the GST. I absolutely love GST so I'm biased. I think it's an elegant tote that just looks dressier than other totes without being too much.

Midun said:
Keep the GST. I absolutely love GST so I'm biased. I think it's an elegant tote that just looks dressier than other totes without being too much.

Totally agree with Midun!

Keep the GST.. Elegant , classic, be we goes on sale. The other bag is seasonal and doesn't have the same look. No comparisons in my mind.

Hi! Well, no one knows if it will go on sale for sure or not, but if I had to guess, I would say maybe. The reason why is because it is a seasonal bag and typically seasonal bags on sale except for the very very popular ones.

That said, may I give you my honest opinion about the Be CC tote?

I don't like it and I will explain why so you know my thoughts.

The bag looks like a working tote, not an elegant fashionable tote/handbag. If you are looking for a working tote to bring to work, that might be fine. But then, if you use it as a work tote, you will most likely stuff it with a lot of things... laptop, papers, etc. If you stuff it, the chain will dig into your shoulders because there is no leather strap at the top like the GST has. But, if you hand carry it, it will be too heavy if you use it as a work tote. So to me, if you use it as a work tote, it will be cumbersome to carry and quite heavy.

I also do not like the different "pieces", the top part, then there is the center part, then there is the bottom part. It looks cheap to me. As we all know, one piece of leather is elegant, vs. many pieces of leather stitched together is cheap, or looks cheap to me.
This bag is too "piecey" for all the leather. And... some parts are quilted while others are not, another cheap look to me to save on costs. Classic quilting is expensive and you will see in some of the seaonal bags the quilting is bigger or there is less quillting.

And finally, I do not like the fact that it has interchangeable straps, meaning there are short straps to hand carry or you can use the long straps to put it on your shoulder. Yes, functionally, that is a great concept, but fashion-wise... that is a big no-no to me.

Fashion should make a statement and fashion can not be all purpose. A bag has to have a purpose and not be everything. So, to me, this bag tries to be a nice handbag, but it also tries to be a working tote and it ends up being in no man's land to me.

The feet is nice, but none of my bags have feet and they are fine. It's not like you drag your bags across the floor. If anything, you place your bags on the bag and there is not a lot of dragging.

On the GST... I think it is such an elegant and fashionable bag. It has one strap that does double duty... on the shoulder or hand held (unlike the Be CC which has two separate sets of straps and that looks too busy and not fashionable).

The GST's design is so pretty in that it is elegant, yet also a chic tote at the same time.

For me... I love GSTs and have multiple. There is nothing wrong with buying the same style in multiple colors, and in fact, that is what I do. I have ivory, beige, light pink, orange and black.

If you want to get another bag in a happy color, I would suggest getting another GST.

Of course these are my opinions on what I would do. For me, it's classic bags and for a tote, it's the GST all the way.

I hope this helps. Good luck on your decision.

Last edited:
Willeyi, Thank you so much for your post. I think you just sold me on the GST:smile: It is a very classy bag and I was not planning to use it for work, just as a regular everyday tote. I am usually very careful with my bags, so the no feet will be fine ( I never put my bags down on the floor anyway).
I agree that the Be CC tote has a cheaper look than the GST, I just couldn't pinpoint it and thought it is just me - so thanks for explaining so much:smile: I am new to Chanel and don't know too much about it.

Thanks for your help :smile:

I'd like to offer another opinion to help. I LOVE the Be CC tote!

It all depends on the "look" you're going for, what you'll be using it for, and how you style it. I agree with a previous poster that it has a business bag appeal to it but in no way does it look cheap. It looks very professional and chic imo.

Missrocks styled and modeled it perfectly here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/perfect-edge-tote-vs-be-cc-tote-783900.html

The GST is undoubtedly classic and has been around for a long time but if you're looking for something more special, I'd say Be CC!

Willeyi, Thank you so much for your post. I think you just sold me on the GST:smile: It is a very classy bag and I was not planning to use it for work, just as a regular everyday tote. I am usually very careful with my bags, so the no feet will be fine ( I never put my bags down on the floor anyway).
I agree that the Be CC tote has a cheaper look than the GST, I just couldn't pinpoint it and thought it is just me - so thanks for explaining so much:smile: I am new to Chanel and don't know too much about it.

Thanks for your help :smile:

Hi! You're welcome. The GST is so gorgeous and such an elegant bag. Enjoy it! And congrats to you again... I am sure you will have more bags in the future! GST colors this season are beautiful, so if you have not joined the GST Club thread to browse the new colors and other's purchases, please join and post your bag to share with all! We are a friendly bunch!