Black Giant Brief or Black Giant Weekender - For a Guy?

blackbrentsa

Jan 4, 2009
Hi all, I'm new to the Balenciaga side of things, and am looking to make my very first purchase.

I am pretty torn between the Giant Brief and the Giant Weekender. I know for sure I want Black, classic and timeless, but both styles are gorgeous. I don't travel all that much, so I just want an average, everyday bag. The style of the Brief is really different to most other guys bags, but do you think size wise it's OK for a guy? I tried it at the store and it seems OK, but what do you all think. The size of the Weekender is great, am just concerned it might be abit too big, especially when it starts to stretch. Both bags fit fine over my shoulder, even with a coat.

Would really appreciate your opinions! Thanks in advance!

Definitely Weekender or work! Im carrying a black brief myself and I think its a bit small as i love big bags! Not to say, you're a guy. Brief will be too feminine for a guy!

Wow, thanks everyone! Well it definately seems that everyone is for the Weekender - I do love it, but just saw the brief the other day and it put some doubt in my mind. Now to complicated things even more - If you had to choose between the Weekender and the Giant Weekender, which would you choose.

I personally love the giant silver hardware, and think there is something very appealing about it. Also, the handles on the Classic Weekender aren't as big as the one's on the Giant Weekender, and don't quite fit over my shoulder, whereas the Giant Weekender does.

If you like the Brief, why not look at RTT? It is similar-ish in shape just bigger, probably equivalent to a WE.

WE - I think GH makes it POP but it would probably be quite heavy since the bag, in itself is already quite huge.

My SGH Work feels the same weight as my RH WE, so i can only imagine the GH WE to be much heavier. But I do feel the GH makes the bag look more formal while the tassels gives it a laid back look.
So it really depends on which looks suit you lifestyle better.

Just as Pink suggested, i like the look of the RTT too. Its bigger than the Brief and more masculine imo.