Black Gene Studded Tote

jroger1

Jan 13, 2010
This will be my first Botkier, I've been looking at this bag for a long time and wanted the grey or black as a second choice. I love a simple hobo/tote with pockets on the outside like the Gene style. My question, the NM website states "made in Italy", is this really true at this price I would be surprised. Has anyone had any issues with this particular bag and what type of leather is this bag made from, is it lambskin? Thank you in advance Ladies of TPF.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...ET1.jhtml%3Ftv%3Dlc%26N%3D4294967029%26st%3Ds

This will be my first Botkier, I've been looking at this bag for a long time and wanted the grey or black as a second choice. I love a simple hobo/tote with pockets on the outside like the Gene style. My question, the NM website states "made in Italy", is this really true at this price I would be surprised. Has anyone had any issues with this particular bag and what type of leather is this bag made from, is it lambskin? Thank you in advance Ladies of TPF.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...ET1.jhtml%3Ftv%3Dlc%26N%3D4294967029%26st%3Ds

I think this is a really nice looking bag, and both the Botkiers I've owned have had really good quality leather (lambskin). However, I just googled this bag on Amazon, and it says 'Made in Indonesia'. I'm not sure if that makes a difference to you?

Good luck, whatever you decide.

- Lips

Thanks - it doesn't really matter that it's made in Indonesia. I didn't think the NM website claim was right about the bag being made in Italy.

I think this is a really nice looking bag, and both the Botkiers I've owned have had really good quality leather (lambskin). However, I just googled this bag on Amazon, and it says 'Made in Indonesia'. I'm not sure if that makes a difference to you?

Good luck, whatever you decide.

- Lips

I don't know why I got an error trying to view link yesterday but today it worked okay. That is a really pretty bag, jroger1 and such a great price! Please post pics when you get it, hope you :heart: it!

I really wanted the grey (ended up getting a grey Tano), but I don't have a black bag with silver hardware so I'm thinking this will be a great looking bag with terrific function.