Black Friday - Why do YOU do it?

Nov 18, 2010
So I heard this morning on the Radio that Macy's Herald Square had 7,000 people waiting to get in at 4 AM..:faint:

What possesses a person to go to a mall that early with that many people? Great Selection? Great Prices? Great Hype?

Would you go?

I consider Black Friday to be amateur day. We can get smokin' deals just by checking on tPF every day :smile:

Ha!! Love this!!! So true!!!!

i can't imagine standing in the cold that early in the morning.

but i do understand that it is tradition for alot of people.

if they love it, they should enjoy it.

but, i will be warm and sleeping in my bed!!!!

I really can't stand shopping. Everything about Black Friday irritates me; I never go shopping on Black Friday. As a matter of fact, I rarely leave my house on Black Friday.

I went this year to the outlet mall - which had no great deals btw - nothing more than usual anyway.

We ventured out to Target and didn't see a line outside, but INSIDE omg! The line was weaved around the store so much that you couldn't shop if you wanted to. People were yelling, fighting, pushing -- grown up people!!

I went figuring it could be fun to shop at different hours and just to see what was out there, since I went unaware of the deals but seriously never ever again :smile:.

Anyone that can handle it - I give credit to because WOW, just wow. lol

Never actually went shopping on Black Friday because I really don't have the patience for it. As someone else said, no sale is worth me getting out of bed at 4 in the morning. Sales happen throughout the holiday season, not just today. I do admit that a teeny TINY part of me wants to try it every year, but I'd rather be sleeping.

Black Friday is the one day of the year I DON'T want to shop! I've never seen deals advertised that enticed me enough to go out, and even for the really great items stores often only have one or two of them. So hundreds or thousands of people line up for one or two items and they all push and shove and act like idiots to try and get them. Honestly, I'd rather pay more and not have to fight anyone for the items I want to buy.

it's just a rush to be somewhere where many other people want to be... waiting in line.. wondering what everyone else is there for... if theyre there for the same thing you are... will you get what you're wanting?? the door opening and everyone rushing in... running around trying to find your items as quick as possible to ensure that you get into the check out line as soon as possible to beat the check out rush - it's such a huge adrenaline rush!

I go for the rush. Just for the crowds and the hunt for a good deal. Also, BF usually is around my birthday so sometimes I have gift cards burning holes in my pocket.

I also have this thing with having to get the mickey mouse globe from JcPenney. I missed one year for being late!

I do it because I really do find great deals. I don't go to the outlets or anywhere where there are 4,000 people waiting outside. My local mall has great stores, but it doesn't get crowded on Black Fridays at all (at least not when the mall first opens). And if I do shop on Black Friday, I go when the mall first opens, so I don't deal with bigger crowds later in the day...