Black Friday RM shopping!

Cathy_Mac

Apr 23, 2008
I have been eyeing the Nikki in FIG for a few weeks now but am wondering if I should wait for sales to start after Thanksgiving? A few online stores have her in stock (all regular price right now); I could get it for a good price (around $415) from one of them with an active discount code. Just how great does everyone expect RM selection, prices, discounts to be come Black Friday? Just weighing my options here...

im hoping to find a great steal on maybe a mamm or mac but im certainly not holding my breath hahaha im excited for the sales and excited to see whats there but im not getting my hopes up, excited to look but am not expecting to find something amazing if that makes sense???

I'm in the same predicament!!! I'm trying to wait for RM's online sample sale that will hopefully be on blackfriday but I have my eye on the FIG nikki as well. Aster Alice is running that promotion right now if you're an Alice Club member and the price is really good so I can't decide!!!

Plus, I just joined a SO today so I reallllly need to start being good and remember I have Christmas presents to buy! What's a girl to do...But truthfully I don't really expect the prices at RM's sale to be jaw dropping.

LB last year had 40% off.. I would that they will have that again this year..
where did you find it at 415 by the way.

I wonder if they did that would RM be excluded?? LB confuses me in that sometimes their codes work on RM but RM is on their exclusion list. I guess we'll just have to wait to see. I know the code they just sent out works on some RMs but not others.

^It only works on past season RM's. At RM's request codes are not allowed for new season items that is why it'll work on some and not others.

i am trying to hold out for black friday/the sample sale. but i'm stalking a few bags online, so we'll see how that goes. after that i really need to ban myself for a while though, at least until all my SOs come in...

Let's start a thread sharing BF deal hunting on RM bags! Last year, I was able to get a Iris Nikki for under $200 and black patent MAC for $80 at Saks (of course last year was sort of special with the economy). My BF stayed a home when I ran out to the mall and scored a couple more bags at 40% off at LB.

So let's talk about where are the deals and what bags you are after...

My recommendation is have someone (likely bf/hubby, well that's if they are not going to best buy..lol) stay at home to get the online deals, but personally go to department stores early in the morning. If you know a good SA.. ask for pre-sale or have them hold the bag for you. You can also do a online chat on saks or nordstrom to see if the bag you want is in stock and how many in the inventory before you go. If the bag is not in your location, call to see if you can get a charge & send (remember to ask for free shipping if you have saks or bloominy cards).

Online shopping.. you need a computer with high speed internet.. that's the only way you can score deals fast. LB's website was unbelievably slow last year even after the first few hour craziness. same with RM's sale.. (by the way, we are expecting their black friday sale right?)

The bags I am after: Darling (flatiron or wine). Mini Beloved (Any color).. and depending on how good are the price.. maybe mini mini in fun colors or MAC.

Well, my hubby would not even entertain the idea of staying home and checking the online sales haha. In fact I wouldn't want him to get a good look at the prices, even at that deep discount! I would love to score another Mini B, something in Burgundy, and a Stud Devote! We'll be at my parents' house so no upscale dep stores close by, but I'll be browing on the laptop!! So last year were RM's prices basically the same as sample sale prices, around 40%?

The 40% off was at Luna Boston... but only for the first few hours.. RM's own online sale was a little better I think. But saks had basically 75% off many brands.... so does bloomingdale (was like 40% extra of sale bags) I am not sure if they will have that again this year. keep my finger crossed.

Thanks for the tips, ivy. I'm not going to be able to make it to a B&M store but will definitely being doing the online thing, with both laptops firing! I don't even know what I'm hoping to get...I'd better start making a list!

thanks for the tips ivy!!!!

unfortunately ill be at my cousins in PA studying and not close to my Saks that sells RM but I will most certainly be attacking the online sales the moment they are available!!!

not sure what I am looking for either ... would love to perhaps get the new loveletter satchel at a discount or maybe another mam or a stud devote

I just found last year's ad.. it was actually 45% off plus a 5% personal code..If this year is better... maybe we will get 55% to 60% off.

*8:00 AM – 10:00 AM – save 45%
*10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – save 35%
*12:00 PM – 2:00 PM – save 30%
*2:00 PM – midnight – save 25%

Last edited: