Black Friday.. is it worth it?

Dame

Nov 22, 2006
Me and my friends are thinking of heading down to Seattle (from Vancouver) for Black Friday.. is it worth it?? Is it the biggest sale of the year.. what should i expect

Never been to SEA on black friday. But Black Friday mostly for Electronics though. Except this year, there's no certain holiday that makes store keeps doing SALE and SALE lol.

As for SEA, its better for you to check first what do Nordies have for example. Other than that, I'm not sure what else since SEA isn't that big :smile:. However, at least you can save on tax since VANC tax is like double?!
You can enjoy all the good food that SEA has as well of course!

Black Friday is good on certain items. Most stores publish the items that will be deeply discounted ahead of time, so do a little research. These stores are banking on sucking you in for 1-2 items in hopes you'll go nuts and buy other things that aren't such a good bargain!

There's so much sales going on right now. I like to do mine now because I can still pick and choose sizes and colors. I hate black friday with all the hassles and can't find things I like.

I agree with Black Friday being good for electronics. As for clothes, I would suggest you go earlier in the week! Usually by Wednesday you can find some really great deals and you won't have to deal with the crowds (who are at the store buying last minute Thanksgiving stuff).

We camp out for electronics every year!! its more in the experience then the sale! So much fun... haha
same here!! we've only waited in line for electronics (usually Best Buy, and then we'll also hit up Wal-mart and Target right after). it's actually quite fun... despite the cold weather here in MN, we are still crazy enough to get in line as early as 10pm on the night of Thanksgiving... some people will camp out even earlier... lol.

I'm a native of the Seattle area, having lived there for nearly 2 decades (I grew up and went to college there).

The biggest event that goes on in Seattle that weekend is the Macy's Holiday parade (the morning after Thanksgiving) in downtown Seattle. It's nowhere nearly as big as the one in NYC, of course. Also, there is the lighting of the tree in Westlake Park later that evening.

Sales tax is very high in Seattle--9.5% (10% in restaurants/bars). It's one of the high sales taxes in the country.

I've only been to the downtown Seattle Anthropologie store once, but I've been to the Seattle Barneys several times. I'm not aware of any Black Friday specials for either store, however.