Black Friday 2012

I went crazy with the online sales last year. I can't do the in-store Black Friday shopping anymore. I'm never that into the in store deals anyway. I love shopping in my jammies and scouring for deals. It's also helpful if you're flying somewhere for the holidays and don't want to deal with packing gifts. I ship the gifts for my family to my parent's house and then do all the wrapping there. Super easy. There are some fashion blogs that do roundups of all the deals and that's where I get all my info.

Body Shop has great online promotions and you can stack a bunch of codes. Cosmetic brands might offer deals on their own websites and that usually means no tax unless they operate in your state. Last year I was obsessed with Cargo blushes and there was a 30 or 40% off code so I jumped on it and bought like 3.. :X

By Thanksgiving, I already know what gifts I have in mind for people so I don't overspend and I can focus on what stores I need to keep my eye on. Last year I found Clarisonic Mias for around $75 through the Clarisonic deals post on this forum. That was an amazing find. I bought one for me and my sister.

If you like more handmade and unique gifts, Etsy has deals too but it depends on the store. I bought some nice jewelry pieces last year for girlfriends and they all came boxed. And it's nice to support independent sellers!

For clothes and shoes: Gap, BR, and Old Navy usually have a code for 40% off your entire purchase. Piperlime was 20% off last year.

Net a porter had a good sale. They had amazing deals on Nixon and MK watches but I didn't buy anything. Stuff goes fast too

toomuchjoy do you think it's worth it to wait until black friday for a clarisonic?

It's like $90 now on beauty.com

Also I know with bath and body works they let you stack coupons. So alot of people save their coupons for that day. So you can use like a spend $30 get a free cream deal then a like a 20% off $30 deal and then a $5 off $20 or more deal. It would be like $19 for $30 worth of stuff plus the free cream.

Last year, I went to Anthropologie. They were having an additional 50% off sale items. Spent about $200-$300. The rest of the time, I went to various drug stores to get some free or nearly free toothbrushes.

I don't participate on Black Friday normally. The crowds give me a headache. I might go for an online deal, but they're usually not that great. I usually find great deals other times with less crowds.

lilyhaze said:
Last year, I went to Anthropologie. They were having an additional 50% off sale items. Spent about $200-$300.

I did this last year too....and the malls in my area really compete for the shoppers. The mall I went to was offering a $20 GC for every $100 spent....I love these incentives. Usually it is the Simon Malls in my area that do this.

It is a tradition for my DM, DD and I to get up in the wee hours of the morning and go shop. My DD loves it....I initially did it just to humour my DM. I do enjoy being out with both of them but would rather enjoy online shopping in my jammies:smile:

toomuchjoy do you think it's worth it to wait until black friday for a clarisonic?

It's like $90 now on beauty.com

Also I know with bath and body works they let you stack coupons. So alot of people save their coupons for that day. So you can use like a spend $30 get a free cream deal then a like a 20% off $30 deal and then a $5 off $20 or more deal. It would be like $19 for $30 worth of stuff plus the free cream.

$90 is still an excellent deal. I'm not sure if there stores I purchased mine from will have the same deal this year. It was almost too good to be true.

I love this time of year! Its sort of a tradition for my sister and I we've been going for years now and look forward to it every year. If VS does the $10 yoga pants I will definitely be all over that! Wal-Mart released their ad today and they are doing 3 different "events" releasing different products at different hours and they are having a 1 hour in stock guarantee which i thought was pretty cool. I typically hit up Target, Wal-Mart, Khols then onto the mall, it just depends on what im on the market for.

our normal stores are target, kohls, jc penney, younkers...sometimes walmart (really depends on how bad we want something....) and hit up some of the mall stores.

the stores that open at 5 or 6 kinda kill me cause i'm so exhausted from shopping all night that i don't want to get up to go to them!
which might be a problem this year as there is something at a store that opens at 5 that i really want.

$90 is still an excellent deal. I'm not sure if there stores I purchased mine from will have the same deal this year. It was almost too good to be true.

Thanks. I might just buy it off beauty.com because they have a white one with perricone products on sale for $95 and with the e bates and 20% off it's like $70. Which is basically $40 off. Even though I wanted the pink the whites such a great deal.

Also I noticed you said you look at blogs for roundups of online stores. Which blogs do you check? I think I'm gonna stick to online shopping on blackfriday.

Don't plan on fighting the crowds on Black Friday. Last year I bought from Apple online, because they had a sale, even though, I could have gotten a better deal at Target. Waiting to see what comes out in the Target ad. If I buy on Black Friday it will more than likely be online.