Black First with Silver/Pewter Hardware

1. I saw a black first today with silver/pewter hardware. It had a very tiny tear in the leather which could easily be glued without anyone noticing. I looked inside for the leather tag and the model and serial number are accurate. However, there is no silver tag. Is this a fake? The consignment store was asking $795 for it and I was tempted but thought I better do my homework!!!! Also can anyone describe what the 03 leather on this should feel like?

2. Jayge- I saw maybe the same bag at a consignment store- I think it's fake!!! Did you look at the bales?

3. I did but I'm not that skilled. They still had the black day but the price was down to $600. I was surprised to see that it was still there; the SA was rather haughty about it when I quizzed him and also implied that his black first might not be real!!!

4. Ok Jayge- I didn't see the first at that store- so it is not the bag I think is fake. Maybe you should buy it if you can return it. You can take pictures and have the girls here tell you if it's authentic or not.

5. I just bought a 2003 black first with silver hardware from a friend which definitely has the silver tag (see below). I would be wary about the one that you saw.

IMG_0682_1.JPG.jpg IMG_0675_1.JPG IMG_0677_1.JPG
  6. actually, my 03 first had a leather tag. it was determined by mimz to be a s/s 03 bag bc it had that cool longer shoulder strap. more info here: http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2005/12/art-of-tag-reading-inside-of.html

jayge, is there any possible way you can take pictures of this bag at the consignment store? i would love to see it! :nuts:

03 First tag.jpg
  7. ^^It looks like there are exceptions! That's so cool jennifer, I didn't know they came with the longer strap! ;) Mine is the fall/winter, so it is definitely different. I'd love to see pics too!

8. congratulations avery!!! :smile:

as for the bag with a leather tag, it could easily be s/s '03 (when there were no silver tags) -- or it could be fake, you can't really tell just by a tag.

If it is authentic and from s/s '03 it will also have the longer strap :smile:

9. avery, i didn't know you found an 03 first! congrats!!

10. ...yeah, photos really are the only way to determine - there is no way someone can determine authenticity by a description alone, hopefully you can pick it up and photograph it and post here! I'm also eager to see it :smile:

11. I'll try. The SA was a little snooty when I was examining the bag. I may go down tomorrow or Wednesday night. The store was asking $795 and the bag had a tiny tear on it that probably could be glued easily. Thanks!!!

When you say longer; I just bought the new rouge first; so longer than the strap on that????

12. Thanks ladies! It was a split decision but I fell in love with it and I figured it would be a really good bag to get until I find my fbf--and my sister loves bags with silver hardware and said she would buy it off me if I find "the one."

13. yes, jayge, the s/s 03 firsts had longer shoulder straps than the current ones...mine measured at 29.5" (current straps are about 19")

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice