Black Drummed vs. Navy Smooth- Pros and Cons?

Hi all,
I have been stalking the Celine thread for some time now, and now need some advice- I am looking to buy my first mini luggage, and my SA currently has in stock a Navy smooth one and a Black drummed one. While I love the look of the smooth leather on the navy and the leather lining, I wonder if the drummed leather on the black one may hold up better as an everyday work bag. I don't really baby my bags as I'm the mother of a toddler. But I already have a black drummed trapeze and black trio, so wonder if I should branch out and try a "new" color like Navy.
Would appreciate some thoughts from all of you Celine experts out there. Thank you in advance!

cotonblanc

Aug 9, 2011
Would you consider Orage? It's a new colour for Spring 2013, is a great alternative Navy and it comes in drummed leather. Here is one recently purchased by a tPF member, hope she doesn't mind me using it as an example.

Good luck deciding.

Attachments

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
I think your collection would benefit from a more colourful punch than navy. You have a lot of darks. I really like cotonblanc's suggestion!

Would you consider Orage? It's a new colour for Spring 2013, is a great alternative Navy and it comes in drummed leather. Here is one recently purchased by a tPF member, hope she doesn't mind me using it as an example.

Good luck deciding.
Is Orage the same as slate blue? My SA mentioned that color as well. It looks beautiful but I recently bought a Sophie Hulme tote in a cobalt/royal blue color. I wonder if it's too similar? I've also found it a little hard to match.