Black dots on Vernis

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. image.jpeg Hi,

I need some advises. Black dots started to appear on my Vernis surface. I only wore it less than 8 times. Why is it so? :rolleyes:

I attached a photo here. :smile:

2. Hi. Anyone know why? :smile:

3. I found black dots on one of my nude color patent leather shoes too. I dont know where they are from.. But i wipe them off easily with a medical use alcohol wipe..

4. Usually, alcohol wipe is not advisable to use. I am afraid to try. Ha! :biggrin:

5. I had that happen to my RI brea...the dots were in the vernis so I was unable to remove them...

6. I have a few of those on my patent blue Chanel. I took it to Chanel and they said maybe they were there when I first bought it. NO HELP.
    I think it might be transfer if you wore it against something black. I think that's how mine did it.

7. I was quite sure the dots weren't there when I bought it. One day, I happened to spot the black dots. :eek: I know Vernis material has such issue. :mad:

8. Happened also to my Vernis SLGs...very sad. Apparently Vernis is only worth it in dark colours :sad:.

9. Have you tried to wipe them with wet cloth? I have caught some on my light vernis pieces and managed to get rid of them so far. The sooner you notice them the better chances to wipe them off. I don't know where they come from though. Those spots are teeny tiny and hardly noticeable anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about them.

10. #10 Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    http://m.wikihow.com/Clean-White-Patent-Leather yes usually you are not supposed to use alcohol on leather goods, but I found this website after Google. The shoes I wiped are a pair patent leather RV flats. I tried a very small area first to make sure alcohol will not damage the leather.