Black croc B30????

Champers21

Hermes! Here I come.
Mar 21, 2009
Shall I or shall I not?:confused1::confused1:
I was offered a B35 Amethyst croc jus two weeks ago and I rejected it becos I thought it would be too hard to co-ordinate with my clothes....... I told the SM then that I wouldn't mind a shiny croc B35 in black :P but she mentioned that it would take quite some time as they were pretty low in stocks, so in my mind I was thinking...... Hmmmm okay, guess I'll have to wait for at least another 6 months or so, so no H croc bag for me then :crybaby:
How was I to know that I would get a MSG from my SA today that they have a black croc B30 reserved for me!!!:yahoo::woohoo: I was so excited when I spoke to her!! I never thought that they could get one so soon for me!!!

But now, I'm wondering
- as I'm used to carrying my Kelly in a 35 I'm wondering if the B30 would be a tad bit small for me?
- i have a white B30 n I can't mange to put in very much........ But I must admit that she is such a beauty!
- I can't possibly reject yet another croc bag tt my SA/SM tried so hard to get for me in such a short time could I?? I have heard of ppl who have had to waits for close to a year if not longer for a croc B, n here I am rejecting these gems???? :-s

Dear fellow TPFers, what do u think?? Should I just grab this shiny black croc B30???:confused1:

I think if it doesnt hurt your wallet too much, you should... how many people get offered such a beautiful piece very often? The bag would be a great classic and absolutely TDF...

I wouldn't just grab the Birkin because it's crocodile and you like the print. If the 30 is too small then you will not really use it, and that's shame for such an expensive bag.

You said it yourself..."I wouldn't mind a shiny croc B35 in black". If you can adjust to the 30 no problem, then go for it. But if your heart is really yearning for the 35, then wait.

good luck!

Since you originally asked for a 35 croc, why settle for a 30?

Just be upfront with your SA, and tell her you want a 35 not a 30. If you cannot fit all your stuff in it, there's no point forcing yourself to get it just because it was offered.

- I can't possibly reject yet another croc bag tt my SA/SM tried so hard to get for me in such a short time could I?? I have heard of ppl who have had to waits for close to a year if not longer for a croc B, n here I am rejecting these gems???? :-s

Dear fellow TPFers, what do u think?? Should I just grab this shiny black croc B30???:confused1:

Just my personal opinion - I would never spend that much money on something that was not really what I wanted just to appease an SA or SM at some retail store.

If you see it and fall in love with it - fantastic! :smile: If not, I would personally wait to get what you really want. Good luck! :flowers:

Thanks Rains
It wouldn't hurt my wallet much as I have already set aside the budget for a 35 croc B when I asked for one 3 weeks ago:smile: it is such a gorgeous bag!! I guess I'd just have to go try it out n see what it looks likes on me on Thurs :P

Thanks JCinwrappingppr
I wouldn't quite say that my heart is set on a B35 croc, but as I used to my Kelly in a35 I naturally assumed that I should get my B croc in 35 too........ But maybe it's an entirely different look with a B30 croc compared to a 35??
I doubt that this would be my everyday go to bag as I wouldn't want to get it scratched or scuffed as my 9 month old daughter tends to love my Hermes bags! N would want to grab hold of it too :P
Hi pyrexia.
You have a point there too, guess I go try out the bag and then decide :P

You have not seen her right?

Go to the local store tomorrow and look at her in person. We may make comments and in actual truth, indeed we shouldn't settle anything for less since a lot of money is at stake here.

Once you see in person, your mind may completely change or not. Since you own a white 30B, even though you can't manage a lot of items, you still buy, use and keep till now. Kwim?:smile:

If you see it and fall in love with it - fantastic! :smile: If not, I would personally wait to get what you really want. Good luck! :flowers:

Well said :smile: yes yes....... It's definitely quite a tidy some to spend on something that I don't love to bits just to please the SM/SA!! Will wait n go try it on to see how I feel with it on Thurs n see what happens after;)

Thank you!

I haven't seen her in real life yet Iffah, just an mms pic sent by my SA :smile:

Well, I guess, we use different bags for different occasions :smile: I use the White B30 when I'm not with my daughter, n my 35 Kelly when I go out with her so that I can put in her diaper, a milk bottle n a small container of her snacks. All tt would never fit into a B30.

Will keep everyone posted on Thurs on how things go, I'd very much like to zoom by tomorrow but my SA is off so I'll zoom by on Thurs instead to see if my black croc will come home with me.

Since you already have a 35 kelly that you use regularly, then I think a 30 birkin is a great bag to own next because it would serve an entirely different purpose from your daily 35 bag.

While I love 35 birkins, I equally love 30 birkins because they are more flexible in terms of being able to go from day to casual-evening events.

And you'd be surprised how much a 30 can fit, yes even including a baby bottle (I speak from experience!)

If I might add my 2 cents, I have a 35 kelly and find that it only fits about as much as a 30 birkin because I carry the kelly strapped up and the birkin open. The 35 birkin definitely holds a lot more than a 35 kelly. As Leah said, the 30 birkin can go more easily between day and night. I personally find a 35 birkin for a night time event too big. Also, I would not put a bottle of milk in a croc b, but that's just me. Diapers and dry snacks are fine, but you'd be very sad if that milk leaked. Good luck with your decision! Can't wait to hear what you decide!

Point one it's good you did not go for the amethyst in 35 I had it we never got along I felt like the worst person ever but it was sooooooo hard too match and the size was so overwhelming.

From then on I only wear 30 for croc I think it balances out the overt luxury they are also not meant to carry a lot Because even though croc is croc its still a show bag,and you can wear them easily at all times because of the size they go from cocktail to perfect elegance with jeans, i say go for it I'm all for croc in 30 and in black it looks perfect the Kelly 35 is much to much like the birkin 30 space wise I have become less of a pack rat at the obvious risk of muscle pain but again for croc and in black go 30 cm !!!!!!! Hope it helps darling.

Honestly I think the 30 croc was going to arrive regardless of who wanted it. This is a lot of $ so you should see it for yourself. However it sounds like you're more of a 35 gal. Good luck!