Black Cherry Medium Candace - Pics!

Hi everyone. My Black Cherry Candace arrived yesterday. I love this style bag, it is structured without being totally stiff. Handles fit comfortably on my shoulder and having zip pocket on the outside it a huge bonus!
There is, or what seems to me, to be a down side. I've seen the Black Cherry Duffles and I think the Candace BC is not as dark. It depends on the light and it can be quite red (which is kind of OK, red is one of my favorite colors) and other times she looks darker. I was really assuming/counting on it to be darker based on the BC duffles I've seen.
Here are a few pictures, I haven't even taken out the stuffing yet!
What do you all think? ALL opinions are welcome.
Is BC a keeper or should I exchange her for a Candace in another color (no suggesting Cognac, which I love, but have enough bags in the medium brown catagory), maybe Cobalt? Or what about a Rory in some color or would I maybe not like Rory because she doesn't seem to have much structure and the handles can't go on your shoulder?
I really need your help ladies!!!!:smile: The days of buying several bags in very short periods of time are over for me (or at least that what I keep telling myself). I'm trying to buy and us/enjoy what I have and definitely buy less frequently.

007.jpg

I think its a really, really pretty bag. I can see this going so well with everything from a LBD to jeans and a white tee :smile: but I agree that it's definitely more of a dark true red than a blackened burgundy, which is what it sounds like you were expecting...

Do you have any red bags in this size already? I would lean toward keeping it if you didn't already :smile:

OMG, thank you so much for taking pics. of this bag.....I've been hesitating on buying a purse from the Legacy collection (except for the colorblock which I've already gone a little crazy with), and was really looking forward to getting the Candace in the Black Cherry, and like you, the color is not what I was expecting at all.....I swear Coach's color naming/actual colors are so off base sometimes!

I totally agree w/ everyone who's said that this looks like a TRUE RED (which is what I thought Carnelian was supposed to be (?)) and that this color doesn't match the black cherry color that's in the other style Legacy bags (ie. duffle). I was def. expecting this to be a darkened burgundy like xoespresso said! I'm sorry the bag color disappointed you....I would be too! But man, do I love this Candace style. Of the colors avail. now, my second choice would be the Cobalt, but I'm holding out to see if any other colors will be coming out later this Fall. Let us know what you decide on (and post pics!!)

The bag is a pretty color, but not the color I wanted. Compared the BC Candace to the BC Duffle last night and the Duffle is definitely darker (which is what I wanted). Maybe it's because the Candace is smooth leather and the duffle is textured? Not really sure, but it is disappointing they are not the same color. I have a pebbled patent leather YSL, so I'm not looking at adding another bag of this red to my collection.

I'm going to take her back and order a different bag tonight, I just have to decide between a Rory or Candace. I looked into the Cobalt (Candace and Rory), but it's not available for me to order, JAX has ZERO (I have to play by different rules than all you girls!!)!

Thank you all so much for your comments, I really appreciate it.
I'll let you all know what I decide on

The bag is a pretty color, but not the color I wanted. Compared the BC Candace to the BC Duffle last night and the Duffle is definitely darker (which is what I wanted). Maybe it's because the Candace is smooth leather and the duffle is textured? Not really sure, but it is disappointing they are not the same color. I have a pebbled patent leather YSL, so I'm not looking at adding another bag of this red to my collection.

I'm going to take her back and order a different bag tonight, I just have to decide between a Rory or Candace. I looked into the Cobalt (Candace and Rory), but it's not available for me to order, JAX has ZERO (I have to play by different rules than all you girls!!)!

Have you asked someone at Coach about the color? It just seems odd that the color would be so different?! Although I love the color on your Candace it does look alot different than the black cherry duffle I have?!

Have you asked someone at Coach about the color? It just seems odd that the color would be so different?! Although I love the color on your Candace it does look alot different than the black cherry duffle I have?!
Since they not in the stores yet, we don't know if they will all be this color or if it's just the one I received. But the color is pretty, but doesn't work for my needs.
On a happy note, I returned her and ordered the Graphite/Berry Candace instead!!

Since they not in the stores yet, we don't know if they will all be this color or if it's just the one I received. But the color is pretty, but doesn't work for my needs.
On a happy note, I returned her and ordered the Graphite/Berry Candace instead!!

Oh pretty! I hope you like the Candace bag and then find something else in the black cherry!!

How did the exchange go, and what did you get, and how is it wearing?

I recently got a Candace in BC but am not sure if I'll keep it. Mine also is redder than expected, but interestingly some of the leather panels, such as the base, are the darker BC that I expected. Maybe the leather dye "took" differently in different areas.

Hi everyone. My Black Cherry Candace arrived yesterday. I love this style bag, it is structured without being totally stiff. Handles fit comfortably on my shoulder and having zip pocket on the outside it a huge bonus!
There is, or what seems to me, to be a down side. I've seen the Black Cherry Duffles and I think the Candace BC is not as dark. It depends on the light and it can be quite red (which is kind of OK, red is one of my favorite colors) and other times she looks darker. I was really assuming/counting on it to be darker based on the BC duffles I've seen.
Here are a few pictures, I haven't even taken out the stuffing yet!
What do you all think? ALL opinions are welcome.
Is BC a keeper or should I exchange her for a Candace in another color (no suggesting Cognac, which I love, but have enough bags in the medium brown catagory), maybe Cobalt? Or what about a Rory in some color or would I maybe not like Rory because she doesn't seem to have much structure and the handles can't go on your shoulder?
I really need your help ladies!!!!:smile: The days of buying several bags in very short periods of time are over for me (or at least that what I keep telling myself). I'm trying to buy and us/enjoy what I have and definitely buy less frequently.

006-1.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

First of all, your bag is GORGEOUS! I have not bought any black cherry since I wanted the shade to be THIS but the ones I have seen has all been darker shade. IMO this is the perfect red if the color is true to your pictures. If you do not already have one red everyday tote, I'd say keep. The perfect shade is hard to come by. I have a red tote that I have been using for three straight weeks no matter what outfit I am wearing and it matches well. It is more neutral than you think. ;) And if you have a beige coat, perfect! Enjoy her!

I actually just got this bag during the Dillard's clearance sale. Here she is with matching wallet & large wristlet, also purchased during the sale.

Attachments

• DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 268
I actually just got this bag during the Dillard's clearance sale. Here she is with matching wallet & large wristlet, also purchased during the sale.

Beautiful! I love the matching accessories. I saw two of the Candace BC at Macy's today but they were smushed with those leather cables and all dusty. Wish they were less manhandled!

Yours are terrific!