Black Caviar Jumbo smells like coffee!

snowjade

**waving at you**
O.G.
Oct 19, 2009
Please help me Chanel lovers!!

Okay, so it could smell worse. I purchased this via a consignment store online...and paid $2595 for a black jumbo...it's a series 10...so it dates back to 2005-2006. I like the bag, but I think I paid to much for it considering it smells like coffee; giving me the impression it came from a smoking home (which was not in the description).

I read on the forum that coffee was used to absorb/mask the cigarette scent. I asked the reseller if it came from a smoking home...and the reseller claims it's not in their notes. They offered to have it returned. I asked if they could give me an additional discount and I'll think about returning after. 5% was the best they could do. Considering the cost:

a) What do you think of the price? Worth keeping? Coffee smell is okay...but the price tag bothers me...Return?

b) Take the 5% and relax and have a cup of coffee with my coffee-smelling bag?

c) Open to suggestions as to what to do!

I love the smell of coffee...but not too keen on a chanel bag, KWIM?

If it really smells like coffee I think you should return it. That is what I would have done at least. How much is the retail price at a a chanel store? 2800$? I would return the bag and save up for a new one from the actual store. Good luck!

i agree with everyone here to return it..if you're paying that much, i don't think you should be able to find any flaws with the bag. it's only a couple hundred dollars away from a brand new one. good luck with your decision :thinking:

I'd return it. You're already paying that much, might as well opt for a brand new one without any worries or keep waiting until a better one pops up in a consignment shop.

But if you absolutely love it & want to keep it, I'd send it off to LMB for an ozone treatment. The cost is ~$35 & it'll come back smelling as good as new in less than a week. It really depends on whether you want to go through all this trouble. Let us know what you decide to do.

I would return it too, since you paid pretty close to retail for it... might as well just get it from the boutique, brand new!! and you will be able to enjoy the warranty of one year free repair if you any encounter any problems. It's good that the consignment store is even considering taking it back. i think you will feel much happier after you get it from the store.

Even if it didnt smell like coffee I'd return it and buy a NEW one. That's too much money to spend for a used bag. Its not even like its a sold out color, special edition or anniversary edition bag. Return it.

Coffee? Um. Wow. I'm sorry but that's :sick:.... If u can smell it on your bag, others will smell the bag on you.

Besides, don't you absolutely :heart: the smell of a NEW CHANEL??? :cloud9: I LIVE for that smell. So I guess you know MY answer ;) Get yourself a NEW one for a little more...

I immediately thought that maybe someone tried to mask drugs with coffee. I'm probably just too suspicious, and actually know nothing at all about drugs, but that popped into my head. :biggrin: