Black caviar GHW or Beige caviar GHW Classic Flap?

angeliespina

Nov 10, 2019
I plan to buy 2 medium classic flap bags in caviar leather but can only get one bag per year.

I want one in black and one in beige.

Assuming that both is available, which one would you buy first?

Mar 29, 2008
1) Beige
2) Black

Since you were getting both, I think it may be easier in this order; however, I probably would just grab the first one that was available.

Reactions: vivy_tran and nat74

krawford

O.G.
Feb 3, 2011
Black for sure. A forever bag. Beige claire not so much. I have owned several BC flaps and always ended up selling. Not my favorite beige color. Too much yellow for me.

Reactions: earthygirl

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have both. I think beige with gold is amazing. My black is a staple. Love both but I would get beige then black.
Chanel has so many beiges, I think you can find one you love even if it means preowned which is my preference.

missmythology

@ceruleanblonde
Jul 3, 2019
I’d say buy the first “good one” you find, no matter if black or beige. there’s always a slight variation in caviar quality , sheen, colour etc..

wanderlust29

Oct 13, 2020
I vote black but the beige is also quite tempting so I understand your dilemma. The black is more uniform whereas the beige can have a shade of yellow in the cf in recent years so it’s harder to outfit I think. Not to mention the color transfer, which makes it further limiting. Likely to get more cost per wear for black than beige, I think of the beige as more of a “nice to have” whereas black is more staple. I do plan to add the beige to my black at some point.

Reactions: mform