Black caviar chevron mini - how rare is this?

carrie8i8

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Hi Ladies!
I just purchased a black caviar chevron mini on eBay at a premium price, eeks $500 above retail. I've been looking at all of the sites, instagram retails,etc and this particular combination seems hard to find. Usually it's lambskin or in a square mini size.

Does anyone know how likely this combination will appear at chanel stores in the future? I wonder if I made a big mistake purchasing a pre-owned one above retail. I read the rumors that chanel will not be producing any more caviar minis. It does seem like that is true lately.

18B is the last season Chanel made caviar minis which was around fall of 2018. My 18B pink mini was low to mid 26 series. Not sure if any 27 series came out of that season. Yours could be from that season but depends on if they even had 27 series. If not from 18B I’d be suspicious...

I have a black chevron mini in caviar leather from 17S that is 23 series (I’ll attach a photo). I think some early 24 series came out of 17S too. Your posted pic looks very similar to my 23 series one because of the level of shine.

Attachments

• 361F631D-7910-49DC-B5A3-04C0944AFD4B.jpeg
    361F631D-7910-49DC-B5A3-04C0944AFD4B.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 824
18B is the last season Chanel made caviar minis which was around fall of 2018. My 18B pink mini was low to mid 26 series. Not sure if any 27 series came out of that season. Yours could be from that season but depends on if they even had 27 series. If not from 18B I’d be suspicious...

I have a black chevron mini in caviar leather from 17S that is 23 series (I’ll attach a photo). I think some early 24 series came out of 17S too. Your posted pic looks very similar to my 23 series one because of the level of shine.
Thank you for the reply... I am getting a bit worried.

I did see on fashionphile that there was a black lambskin mini w/ GH with 27 series, however it was not caviar. I posted my listing on the authentication board, so still waiting for that. I already paid so I'm super nervous. The seller is new (from april) and only has buying feedback from recent. I wonder if I should cancel the sale....

Thank you for the reply... I am getting a bit worried.

I did see on fashionphile that there was a black lambskin mini w/ GH with 27 series, however it was not caviar. I posted my listing on the authentication board, so still waiting for that. I already paid so I'm super nervous. The seller is new (from april) and only has buying feedback from recent. I wonder if I should cancel the sale....

I would get it professionally authenticated. I have never purchased preloved so I don’t have any personal experience with authenicators but I know it’s recommended. Some people even pay for authentication 2-3 times as they do get it wrong occasionally. Maybe you can DM someone who has a 18B black caviar chevron mini to ask what series theirs is from? You can search on IG (perhaps with the chanel18b hashtag). Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I would get it professionally authenticated. I have never purchased preloved so I don’t have any personal experience with authenicators but I know it’s recommended. Some people even pay for authentication 2-3 times as they do get it wrong occasionally. Maybe you can DM someone who has a 18B black caviar chevron mini to ask what series theirs is from? You can search on IG (perhaps with the chanel18b hashtag). Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the advice! I do plan to get it authenticated once I receive it. I usually buy from stores only too but this one was so hard to find, I actually had to pay over retail price to get it. I'll update to how it goes !

I hope you get feedback from authenticate thread asap. I just want to share that I bought bag in store from 18K collection (after 18B) with #2663xxxx series. Not sure does this mean no 18B items has higher number than 18K item or does it sometimes overlap. Or could that really from later season? Can you cek the receipt? When she actually bought the bag or does it has info what season the bag from? One of my minis has season information on the receipt

Thanks so much ladies. I guess if chanel released this mini in late 2018, I could've just waited another year or shorter for more to be released. Still no word on authentication so I'll most likely receive the bag and will have to see.

Thanks so much ladies. I guess if chanel released this mini in late 2018, I could've just waited another year or shorter for more to be released. Still no word on authentication so I'll most likely receive the bag and will have to see.

If this bag is indeed authentic (I’m not saying it is or it isn’t because I have no idea), I think it’s worth paying a bit over retail for. At this point I don’t think any more caviar mini flaps will be released anytime in the near future. My boutique director told me before the 18B (late summer to fall of 2018) launch that there would be no more caviar minis indefinitely. Not to say it will never come back but my guess is not for a few years.

Reactions: mssmelanie
If this bag is indeed authentic (I’m not saying it is or it isn’t because I have no idea), I think it’s worth paying a bit over retail for. At this point I don’t think any more caviar mini flaps will be released anytime in the near future. My boutique director told me before the 18B (late summer to fall of 2018) launch that there would be no more caviar minis indefinitely. Not to say it will never come back but my guess is not for a few years.
That's what I read on the boards too... if my bag is authentic, I would be really glad to have it :smile: Thanks for telling me what the boutique director said. That's crazy chanel would do that seeing how popular they are but I guess that would make them more elusive, which is what they want perhaps.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's real! And, yes, the elusiveness is part of the appeal with luxury for me. If it makes you feel better.. If it's real, it's a beautiful bag and it will probably only go up in price by the time it comes out again. And taxes could be a few hundred dollars...oh gee..I feel like I can justify anything!

I would get that authenticated asap, as it looks off to me...I saw the listing on eBay and that seller doesn't seem to have any history of selling authentic luxury items. I also don't think there were any black caviar chevron minis that would be in the 27 series. Sorry, I hope for your sake that I'm wrong, but please find out as soon as you can so that you can go after this seller if she is a scammer!

I have a caviar black chevron square mini l bought from the store spring 2016 and it is a 22 series. I see these go caviar chevron minis go for more then 500 over retail so l think that is actually a good find. Good luck getting it authenticated for your piece of mind, hope you will enjoy your new bag! :smile: