Black caviar boy or metalized calf boy

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hi. I'm dying to get my hands on my first boy ever. I wanted the one in regular calfskin for the longest time. But they were not available anymore when I finally had the money for it. Now I have 2 options . The black caviar boy with rhw from fall act I and metalized calf with rhw from fall act II. I loved the calfskin on boy cuz it gives boys a softer look. And I enjoyed my reissue in aged calf a lot but not so much with my caviar flaps. The leather is a bit too stiff for my taste. But while the time I was waiting for the fall act II , the caviar boy started to grow on me. The leather suits the "boy "look so much. What should I get 😂 and the metalized calf makes me a little worried that the leather is gonna be very shiny. I did asked Penney about the metalized calf. She said its just gonna be like the shines on most caviar.
I know this type of questions really depends on the personal likings . But I'm so torned right now and I better make the decision fast before they're gone again 😂 so anything would be great help!

TIA ladies! You guys are the best !

I have metallic calfskin from last season and I love it. I much prefer the look of calfskin on boys. I like caviar for wocs and smaller bags, but Im a lover of calfskin primarily, and lambskin. My metallic boy has a very light sheen but nothing outrageous. I only really notice it when I compare it to my lambskin jumbo but when I'm out and about I barely notice.

Can you check out both and see which one you prefer? Or wait one more season and see if a non-metallic boy comes out? I only rushed to buy the metallic boy because I wanted it pre-price increase, otherwise I would've just waited.

Hi. I'm dying to get my hands on my first boy ever. I wanted the one in regular calfskin for the longest time. But they were not available anymore when I finally had the money for it. Now I have 2 options . The black caviar boy with rhw from fall act I and metalized calf with rhw from fall act II. I loved the calfskin on boy cuz it gives boys a softer look. And I enjoyed my reissue in aged calf a lot but not so much with my caviar flaps. The leather is a bit too stiff for my taste. But while the time I was waiting for the fall act II , the caviar boy started to grow on me. The leather suits the "boy "look so much. What should I get 😂 and the metalized calf makes me a little worried that the leather is gonna be very shiny. I did asked Penney about the metalized calf. She said its just gonna be like the shines on most caviar.
I know this type of questions really depends on the personal likings . But I'm so torned right now and I better make the decision fast before they're gone again 😂 so anything would be great help!

TIA ladies! You guys are the best !

I say the metallic one, but either sounds great!

Metallic Calfskin - looks so rich and lovely. I know Caviar is supposed to be more durable etc, but for some reason I am just not in love with Caviar in the Black. But I do have a Caviar in Beige Clair (Jumbo) which is nice - but I would not like it in Black. I know Caviar is tougher than Lambskin etc. but my hearts always leans towards the Lamb...........

I have a black and a red caviar boy as u can see from my avatar. IMHO the calfskin looked so much better than the caviar when ir comes to boy bags. But in my case I like a carefree bag that I dont have to worry about since I have kids and I plan to wear it all the time so the durability won me out vs. The looks. For the price I really wanted it to last and still able to use it worry free br it in any weather. So it really depends on your preference if u like the calfskin which is so gorgeous go for it its still sturdier than lambskin.

Metallic calfskin! I've been on the lookout forever for it. If you have the chance to get it then I would!

The style is coming back in fall act II . I believe they're a able for preorder now. The description says its metalized calfskin. I'm not sure if its gonna be the same as the metallic calf from previous season tho

I have a black and a red caviar boy as u can see from my avatar. IMHO the calfskin looked so much better than the caviar when ir comes to boy bags. But in my case I like a carefree bag that I dont have to worry about since I have kids and I plan to wear it all the time so the durability won me out vs. The looks. For the price I really wanted it to last and still able to use it worry free br it in any weather. So it really depends on your preference if u like the calfskin which is so gorgeous go for it its still sturdier than lambskin.

I kinda like the pebbled leather on boy now. But I feel the caviar leather is quite stiff that makes the boy bag look really rugged. I wish chanel could do a soft caviar on boy bags as they did to some cfs from previous seasons ( I have a red mL from that particular leather. Love it. Enjoy both the softness of the bag and the pebbled look )